My System Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Me too NastyGM!!
Good job though man, that thing wll KICK!!!

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey if you got the time i would love to talk to you about the lightning. I have had three motors blow in mine and right now i am going through a 5.0L 4v motor build and would love to hear about what you did with yours.

OP
OP
BC Lightning

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey if you got the time i would love to talk to you about the lightning. I have had three motors blow in mine and right now i am going through a 5.0L 4v motor build and would love to hear about what you did with yours.

What are you putting the 5.0 4V in??

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 2001 F150. I have gone through and supercharged the F150 then i blew the motor a couple of times. Now i have a built saleen 302 motor that i am putting some cobra 4v heads on. I have already had the wiring harness fabricated up. I have swapped out all of the lightning suspension peices, the 4r100, new carbon fiber driveshaft, cogged pulleys and a ported and polished eaton.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NIce install so far! Im really liking those subs

OP
OP
BC Lightning

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 2001 F150. I have gone through and supercharged the F150 then i blew the motor a couple of times. Now i have a built saleen 302 motor that i am putting some cobra 4v heads on. I have already had the wiring harness fabricated up. I have swapped out all of the lightning suspension peices, the 4r100, new carbon fiber driveshaft, cogged pulleys and a ported and polished eaton.

Nice, I loved my carbon fiber driveshaft!! I had to sell it cause I'm getting a new d/s made for the 6-speed. Just curious, since you're going the 4V route why not a built navi motor?? that's what a bunch of the turbo Lightning guys are doing, and making 1,000+ hp

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to run a air/air or air/water inter cooler setup. The stock Lightning I/C setup works pretty well, and I've upgraded the I/C pump, lines, tank.

I have used every supercharger out for the Lightnings, and decided they aren't worth it in my book. I'm putting a single 88mm turbo. If I were you I would run FAR AWAY from the Heaton. all they do is create heat when you really spin them hard, thus loosing power due to the blower being very inefficient

The stock lightning suspension is .... ok, but I needed it to handle better. I hated driving my Lightning after driving my Vettes. So I'm going the 4-link route with custom coilovers. I'll be able to level the truck plus with the c-notch frame be able to handle bumps.

I'm on Lightningrodder.com there are tons of good threads with tons of builds going on. I just posted some new pics of my Lightning build. I post as the same name on here

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

NIce install so far! Im really liking those subs

I really like them so far. I put another JL HD750/1 amp which raised the db level another 2-3db. I went with 10's over 12's cause I like clear clean bass, not rattle everything in and out of the truck. Plus the W7's would have taken up a ton more room.

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im on lightning rodder also haha bgstew actually helped me get most of the supercharging and everything done.

I went with the Built saleen 302 because i got an absolutely amazing deal on it, it makes a ton of power with no adders (400hp) and it will fit in the engine bay :). I am still using the stock intercooling system that came off of the lighting but am going to have to upgrade if and when this build actually happens. Really the HEATON works quite well for what i want to run (12-14#). I dont want to do anything crazy as i NEED this motor to last.

In regards to the suspension im guessing you havent driven a stock f150 then. There is a NIGHT and DAY difference between the two. I have a couple of little changes like drop shackles and leafs. Also upgraded coils and lightning spec bilsteins.

Ill go check out the pics on LR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog