My System Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BC Lightning

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the middle of installing the AVIC-Z110BTand have a few questions

where have people mounted their GPS antenna??

my factory antenna wire wont fit/work with it??

Where to hook up the speed sensor wire and reverse sensor wire??

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The only question I can answer for you is to mount the GPS antenna right by the Auto lights sensor on the front of the dash, you can run the wire under the steering dash area, then into the pillar area (not up the pillar) and out the seperation in the "hind-dash" and the "fore dash". The fore-dash is the second dash peice that holds the light sensor.
Does that make sense?

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, i cant believe youre trading buckets for bench...i love my 2nd row captains chairs.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
damn, i cant believe youre trading buckets for bench...i love my 2nd row captains chairs.

Some need it for extra kids and stuff. I've been looking and looking for someone who might need mine, haha. Sucks. I want captains, lol.

OP
OP
BC Lightning

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only question I can answer for you is to mount the GPS antenna right by the Auto lights sensor on the front of the dash, you can run the wire under the steering dash area, then into the pillar area (not up the pillar) and out the seperation in the "hind-dash" and the "fore dash". The fore-dash is the second dash peice that holds the light sensor.
Does that make sense?

I thought about there, but I wanted something hidden, I'm probably going to put it under the plastic wiper cowl, did that on my Lightning with The AVIC-Z3 and didnt have any issues

I had to take out my third row seats for all of my work stuff, and with the sub box it wont look as good with the capt. chairs

Some need it for extra kids and stuff. I've been looking and looking for someone who might need mine, haha. Sucks. I want captains, lol.

You never sent me pics of your seats, I'l be willing to trade, the other guy never hit me back

OP
OP
BC Lightning

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+ 1...you put them in yet?

I have them in the kick panels, haven't started on the doors yet, I had to put the stock radio back in for now because I forgot the Pac-sw1 and wiring harness so I dont have to splice into the stock harness, will continue when when the last pieces get here.

And I ordered 2 more JL W6 10s and another JL HD 750/1, so I'll have a box made for 4 10's, should hit pretty hard LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia