My 2011 Yukon Denali upgrade redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denaliz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

About 2 years ago I upgraded the premium Bose system by bypassing the Bose amp with:

Kicker 1000.5 5 channel Amp
(Bought used on CL- no issues and came with box)

New equipment I used last time:

Audiocontrol LC6i LOC
Hertz DSK 165.3 6.5" components
RF Punch 1675 6.5" 3-ways in rear
JL 12" 3v3 4 ohm sub in small custom built to spec box behind 3rd row.
Knuconceptz 4 gauge amp kit and Knukconceptz basik RCA's
Still running Bose amp to center channel dash speaker, console Bose sub and rear c pillar speakers.

I was somewhat happy with the upgrades- sub thumped and sound quality was good but not great to me.

Where I went wrong was trying to save money on a proper installation.

I tried to DIY this myself but kept having issues with the LOC and tapping into speaker wires under the console. I just couldn't make it run correctly - mostly because I'm limited on DIY car audio experience.

Mistake number 2 - was trying to skimp on paying someone with knowledge of running a Bose Premium bypass with LOC- I was trying to save money anyway I could and boy I paid for it in the quality of crappy work I Got by the mobile installer I found on CL- I took to Car Toys after to have them go thru his work and build my box. Please learn from my mistakes if your considering an audio upgrade.

Having a goofy ground loop sometimes was the killer and car toys and Best Buy couldn't seem to isolate the problem so I dealt with it happening every few weeks for a day at a time..

I felt like there was more to be had in sound quality department and possible weak links in my system with Lc6i-so I sold my amp on CL.

I have just purchased the following equipment to be installed this week by the best installers in DFW- Soundscape in Plano:

Arc Audio XDI 1200.6 amp
(6 channel amp-150w X 4 channels at 4 ohms rms
I'll be bridging channels 5&6 to run 600w @4 ohms for the sub)

Focal K2 165kr 6.5" components

Audison Bit Ten D digital sound processor with DRC remote

Stinger 8000- audiophile grade RCA's

Knukconceptz Kolossal Flex Power wires( the best they make and I could find after reading many forums and reviews)

Dynamat 10445 Bulk Pack- I bought this for original install but never got around to installing it.

Will move the Hertz Components to rear for fill or possibly keep the 6.5" RF punch speakers there- will go based on Dan's recommendation at Soundscape.

I wanted to get the best of everything I could locate and enlisted several car audio enthusiasts /experts that I trust.

The audio equipment by itself is some of the best to be had.

The real game changer is jumping from the Audiocontrol LC6i to the Audison Bit Ten D.

I'm told the LOC I was running was just ok but more then likely not capable of converting the signal to the level of SQ I'm wanting.

I'll continue this thread once everything is installed and tuned this coming week!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK