My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my FAST throttle body. First thing when opening the shipping box I pulled out a case. My first thought was they shipped the wrong product. But then I realized the TB was shipped in this case. The other obvious thing when opening the case was the quality of this TB. I was so much superior to the Holley TB. This thing was obviously built with quality. After looking it over, I was pretty confident tis was would not give me the same problems. The IAS port was much much bigger. Installed it and started up the Tahoe and no whistle or unwanted noise whatsoever. I do have one problem, not unexpected, is how to mount it to my cold air intake system. It is 92mm vice the 90mm and that causes me some fitment issues that I will overcome.

Container.jpg
In Case.jpgPackage Opened.jpgInstalled.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my FAST throttle body. First thing when opening the shipping box I pulled out a case. My first thought was they shipped the wrong product. But then I realized the TB was shipped in this case. The other obvious thing when opening the case was the quality of this TB. I was so much superior to the Holley TB. This thing was obviously built with quality. After looking it over, I was pretty confident tis was would not give me the same problems. The IAS port was much much bigger. Installed it and started up the Tahoe and no whistle or unwanted noise whatsoever. I do have one problem, not unexpected, is how to mount it to my cold air intake system. It is 92mm vice the 90mm and that causes me some fitment issues that I will overcome.

View attachment 386438
View attachment 386439View attachment 386440View attachment 386441
Nice!

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tracking is stating that I should receive two shipments (my rotating assembly) on Monday. Unfortunately, although I will keep this project moving forward. We just received word from our HVAC inspection that our downstairs system is on its very last legs (just over 20 years). We replaced our upstairs unit 2 years ago. Our new downstairs system will get installed on Monday. This might slow down my project a bit.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After installing this TB and coming up with a temporarily solution to installing my cold air intake system, I was finally able to take this girl on the road. No whistling throughout all throttle ranges. I did have one issue that was easily solved. I used the the first cable spot on the throttle body to attach my cable. Which I used on the Holley and the OEM. On this FAST TB, it was the wrong location. I was not able to get full open throttle when I pressed the accelerator to the floor. Easily fixed with going to the next attachment point. I should have had my wife help me there when I put it together. However, I didn't expect that issue. This TB rocks, so happy to get that whistling fixed. It was a hit to my budget - but well worth it. My idle is a bit high at 800-850 but I will reach out to BBP for an adjusted tune.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17