Max tow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
munks06denali

munks06denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the denali has a 5 pinion planetary but I wouldn't tow over 6k with these coil spring rear suvs, if you do please buy some inner springs helper bags or a bigger rear sway bar...coils out back are sketchy as hell whena trailer unloads on you...level 9 pucker factor for sure.

The fact that it has airbags in the rear makes no difference? plus an equalizerhitch?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
The fact that it has airbags in the rear makes no difference? plus an equalizerhitch?
are you asking a question here? I was recommending you buy some helper bags because it will drastically help sway control.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the max anyone has towed with a 2006 6.0L denali? Thinkin bout makin a trip crosscountry to pick up a 31ft camper. Dry weight is 7695lbs with a 875lb hitchweight. I have the tow package and takin my baby would be alot more comfortable than takin my 96 powerstroke. anyinsights would be great. awesome site by the way.:rocking:

It depends on what rearend gears you have. Your hitch weight is getting near the max for the hitch with weight distrubution and way over without. Those round tube hitches are crap and the hitch box has been known to fail. If you plan on towing I recomend a new hitch. Something with a 1000lb tounge weight with no weight distrubution. That way if somethin happens and you cant use your bars you can still get home. I picked up a reese hitch I had a problem towing last weekend with a failed part on the latch for the spring bars. Glad I didn't have the 600lb max tounge weight. I'm stilling at 800 lbs loaded.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that it will tow it just fine, like someone else said just use the tow/haul mode once your hooked up and take it easy through the mountains and keep your eye on the tranny temp.

99fever27

Reaction score
Just made a trip from Virginia to Washington state- 2900mi. My '04 5.3 3.73 awd tahoe did fine pulling a 18' 7,500lbs enclosed trailer with 1000lbs tongue weight. I used an equal-i-zer hitch and prodigy controller. I-80 thru the rockies was easy...but the winds in Wyoming is what I would be worried about. I used tow haul plus towed in 3rd the whole way. I averaged 11.2mpg on 20" wheels.