Just changed oil now my pressure is crazy low!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
well i had changed my oil pump then no luck drove it like that too see if it would fix itself then yea the bearings and crankshaft were the issue. its most likely gonna need to get torn down and swap all the bearings and the crankshaft. if the bearings look like worn keys then yea they are bad...

OP
OP
DefendHawaii

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
I'm thinking this with the STP treatment. Did you add the Lucas Oil treatment during this oil change?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

No I did not add lucas this time around. They were out of stock but said "ahhh the STP is pretty much the same and 7 bucks less"

I added 6 quarts since it seemed real low and then the STP stuff.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Ok update. I am going to assume it is an oil pump. Oreillys has them for under 50.00. Do you think I over fill the oil and now it messed the pressure sensor? that is what I heard could be the issue.

HankHill

Reaction score
Any autopart labeled Bosch has generally been shit in my experience...my oil changes involve regular dino oil & a Delco or Wix filter. Never had an issue....

Trippers99hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I did not add lucas this time around. They were out of stock but said "ahhh the STP is pretty much the same and 7 bucks less"

I added 6 quarts since it seemed real low and then the STP stuff.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Ok update. I am going to assume it is an oil pump. Oreillys has them for under 50.00. Do you think I over fill the oil and now it messed the pressure sensor? that is what I heard could be the issue.

If it was me I would put a manual oil pressure gauge on it before blindly changing the oil pump,Make sure it is not overfull.as sunlit said you may be whipping the oil if overfull.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my guess is overfull

i've never put more than 5 qts after an oil change in my truck and i've never had a problem

i used to run at about 40 regardless of idle or under load, and one time after changing the oil it jumped up to 60 but no issues and its been running at 60 underload since and 40 at idle

but my guess is with 6 qts its just too much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts