Yet another Yukon with engine tick and low oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's the craziest thing.. it doesn't sound like valve train to me either, but I've never heard anything knock like that when cold and go away. any time I've been around bottom end stuff, like main or rod bearings they all get much worse than hot.. can almost sound OK when still cold on thick oil.

possible it's a stater rubbing the flywheel? or balances that's completely come part? I'm so confused by this truck.. cold, 40psi oil pressure and it knocks, gets warm, drops to 11 psi and gets quiet.

I got nothing.

one of my first engines I build as a kid, I added a windage tray and didn't get a clearanced enough a rod hit it. that's the closest thing I can remember hearing to this.
I know! That’s the thing that makes me think it’s possibly extreme piston slap. Because that goes away when the engine gets warm, too. It’s the damnedest thing.

OP
OP
YukonDK

YukonDK

Reaction score
it's the craziest thing.. it doesn't sound like valve train to me either, but I've never heard anything knock like that when cold and go away. any time I've been around bottom end stuff, like main or rod bearings they all get much worse than hot.. can almost sound OK when still cold on thick oil.

possible it's a stater rubbing the flywheel? or balances that's completely come part? I'm so confused by this truck.. cold, 40psi oil pressure and it knocks, gets warm, drops to 11 psi and gets quiet.

I got nothing.

one of my first engines I build as a kid, I added a windage tray and didn't get a clearanced enough a rod hit it. that's the closest thing I can remember hearing to this.
I promise when this gets figured out I will update with the solution. However I might begin to look for a used engine which could get shipped from the States. Better find some options

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts