Is your Hoe *******?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine bays actually look pretty nice if you clean them good. But if Im buying a used truck and I look in there and it looks like the owner doesn’t care, I’m moving on. And really, weight reduction from an engine cover that weight maybe 2 lbs? You can’t be serious! :happy175:
ultra detailed engines = they went for bath in the ocean :( :fishing1::fish_h4h::whymewhyme:

Honest engines are not clean or super clean (makes it easy to spot leaks) unless it's brand new

I saw a tahoe that was a rust bucket inside it was pretty clear it went for a bath in the ocean. every single piece of metal was rusted inside of it

what tipped me off was all the excessive amount of new aftermarket hardware on it. and the engine bay being "ultra clean" pretty clear it was cleaned very heavily ... who the hell buys a shit load of new aftermarket hardware then sells it..

that is why i took a closer inspection of the driverside footwell area

even the car fax was clean I think every single car is in a flood area should come with a car fax warning to inspect for flood damage esp after a hurricane or river flood something like that and that car comes up for sale..afterwards...

even our local GMC dealer tried selling a wreaked carto my grandpa ( what tipped me off was some paint run on the trunk lid) they ended up pulling the car from inventory after i complained on yelp... it smelled of shit and piss in the back seat as well

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes those engine covers do more harm than good. Before I worked for GM as a service advisor, I was one for Hyundai. At least twice a month I would recommend to customers removing the engine cover because little critters like to climb under them to make nests. Usually they chew up ignition coil and fuel injector wiring. I kinda like the intake manifold on my 6.2 so top on or off, I don't mind.

BTW.. I never got a chance to clean off my dusty engine cover, I think I'll wait till winter to put it back on, I don't like excessive heat trapped under that cover heating up my fuel lines. Oh and my engine bay is clean and *******.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad would always keep his engine bay clean. Not car show clean, but he kept stuff wiped down and vacuumed out. Said mechanics in a shop were more careful with the vehicles that looked taken care of and looked like the owner looked under the hood regularly than the ones that looked like the owners didn’t care and never popped the hood at all.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ultra detailed engines = they went for bath in the ocean :( :fishing1::fish_h4h::whymewhyme:

Honest engines are not clean or super clean (makes it easy to spot leaks) unless it's brand new

I saw a tahoe that was a rust bucket inside it was pretty clear it went for a bath in the ocean. every single piece of metal was rusted inside of it

what tipped me off was all the excessive amount of new aftermarket hardware on it. and the engine bay being "ultra clean" pretty clear it was cleaned very heavily ... who the hell buys a shit load of new aftermarket hardware then sells it..

that is why i took a closer inspection of the driverside footwell area

even the car fax was clean I think every single car is in a flood area should come with a car fax warning to inspect for flood damage esp after a hurricane or river flood something like that and that car comes up for sale..afterwards...

even our local GMC dealer tried selling a wreaked carto my grandpa ( what tipped me off was some paint run on the trunk lid) they ended up pulling the car from inventory after i complained on yelp... it smelled of shit and piss in the back seat as well
You know what they say about opinions. Some people care about their engine bays just like they do their interiors, their paint, their wheels, etc. And leaks are easier to spot if the thing is clean, not harder.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what they say about opinions. Some people care about their engine bays just like they do their interiors, their paint, their wheels, etc. And leaks are easier to spot if the thing is clean, not harder.
it's actually good to have oils form the road on the engine block it stops it from rusting

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's actually good to have oils form the road on the engine block it stops it from rusting
You have a counter for everything huh? I have no rust either. Nor oil or dirt. I like it that way. If you like yours oily, dirty and *******, that’s awesome. Sounds like a **** movie to me lmao. Oily dirty ******* ‘hoe.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You have a counter for everything huh? I have no rust either. Nor oil or dirt. I like it that way. If you like yours oily, dirty and *******, that’s awesome. Sounds like a **** movie to me lmao. Oily dirty ******* ‘hoe.

You had me at oily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts