Is your Hoe *******?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
How many times are you taking the cover off and putting it back on? Is it so hard to pull the grommets off the studs and put them back on the cover? It looks like crap without the cover, unless you replace it with something better looking like I did.View attachment 228193

That is hideous... it needs a cover ;)

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Mine actually popped off and was being a pain in the butt. But I will take your advise though when my motor is ready to be replaced.... Then I will drop a 7.2 ltr crate motor in and add a supercharger too...

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
So your engine bay can look like crap? It’s damn ugly under there.
Man its an engine bay. Unless you’re gonna tuck the harness and do custom hoses its gonna look like crap.

Im also gonna pull the weight reduction card. Between the spare tire and assotiated tools, the engine cover and the insulation on the hood thats prob about 95 pounds down.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man its an engine bay. Unless you’re gonna tuck the harness and do custom hoses its gonna look like crap.

Im also gonna pull the weight reduction card. Between the spare tire and assotiated tools, the engine cover and the insulation on the hood thats prob about 95 pounds down.
The engine bays actually look pretty nice if you clean them good. But if Im buying a used truck and I look in there and it looks like the owner doesn’t care, I’m moving on. And really, weight reduction from an engine cover that weight maybe 2 lbs? You can’t be serious! :happy175:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
The engine bays actually look pretty nice if you clean them good. But if Im buying a used truck and I look in there and it looks like the owner doesn’t care, I’m moving on. And really, weight reduction from an engine cover that weight maybe 2 lbs? You can’t be serious! :happy175:
I bought the thing with 218,000 ~6 or 7 months ago and its got 226,000 on it as of last week. The engine bay is dirty. Its always gonna be dirty because it gets miles put on it and a few times a year it goes down gravel roads at 50 miles an hour. That said the fluids and filters are kept clean and changed, the tires are kept rotated, and no lights are on in the cluster.

And I’ve gotten another 0.1 mpg on average fuel economy sense dropping the spare tire :p

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the thing with 218,000 ~6 or 7 months ago and its got 226,000 on it as of last week. The engine bay is dirty. Its always gonna be dirty because it gets miles put on it and a few times a year it goes down gravel roads at 50 miles an hour. That said the fluids and filters are kept clean and changed, the tires are kept rotated, and no lights are on in the cluster.

And I’ve gotten another 0.1 mpg on average fuel economy sense dropping the spare tire :p
Lol. Awesome. I get about 9 and DGAF. It’s a fu**ing blast to drive and the fun is priceless.
Edit: you should seriously consider removing the carpet for weight reduction and more mpg. The carpet itself is heavy enough but I can just imagine how much crap is trapped in it by now. Plus, it would be easier to clean the inside- just hose it out! BTW mine has 165 k and looks like new inside and out but Im a bit obsessive.

Last edited:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Lol. Awesome. I get about 9 and DGAF. It’s a fu**ing blast to drive and the fun is priceless.
Edit: you should seriously consider removing the carpet for weight reduction and more mpg. The carpet itself is heavy enough but I can just imagine how much crap is trapped in it by now. Plus, it would be easier to clean the inside- just hose it out! BTW mine has 165 k and looks like new inside and out but Im a bit obsessive.

I have given serious thought to pulling the carpet out and removing some of the insulation, and putting the rest of the carpet back in. I had it detailed about a month ago and got all the stains out so it looks great in the cabin. Just the exterior has the clear coat pretty scratched up. Left my girlfriends place the other morning and there’s new scratches on the hood. Almost like someone drug plywood from the windsheild towards the grill. If the paint was in better shape, I’d care more. After I’m out of college I wanna look into the hybrid hood and lift gate because they’re aluminum. I know that just because of the nature of the vehicle, they will never be good on gas. But overall efficiency and capibility of the machine is what interests me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700