Installed Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No cats, no emissions testing

Collector on driverside is doesnt have much room on topside between cab floor and then goes right into a 90 under the transmission.
Even dropping the crossmember you still had to take that 90 off both ends to get the slip joints apart. Vbands ahould let me weld ypipe up as one peice getting rid of a few more joints that cant leak

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll modify the header to accommodate the cat. I had to modify the cat for such small quarters, haha. Its only about 5.5" long. I have a picture of it somewhere. It started as a 2.5" in/out cat that I cut down to 3" in/out. Made it dramatically smaller, haha. I turned it down a little more after this picture was taken.

Are the speed kits a slip fit system?

modified cat.JPG modified cat...JPG

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, speed eng is slip fit. I have the 1-7/8 they also make 1-3/4 that may have better clearance. Driverside my guy is cutting the collector back to about the o2 sensor bung for the vband to fit. Ill take some better pics when i get headers back from him as i put them back on.
Passenger side has plenty of room for a cat before the ypipe merges

20171201_164817.jpg 20171201_164759.jpg 20171201_164743.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I am usually out at pbir for test and tune friday nights, I will usually run my truck if ive made any changes (none lately) sometimes just go to hang out

Where do you call home? Was going to run on the 16th but if I read right, it's $50 to race that night competitively, "Truck Yeah", and all I want to do is test and tune so maybe this coming Friday.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in jupiter....there's only a handful of trucks/suvs i see regularly for T&T
id defnintely say do a friday if you want to run, be there early...passed few weeks have been crowded as hell. street tire cars only get a few runs in before they kick them out for DR/slicks @9pm> actually just looked at pbir facebook page, looks like theyre letting any tire run all night, opening wednesday for DR/slick only

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I used to race, they had test and tune twice a week and Hollywood's track ran t&t on tuesday and West Palm's on wednesday and both Friday. So, the craziest amongst us, drove to both tracks each week until they closed Hollywood. The earliest I think we can get there is around 7:30. Probably only good then for one or two passes right? It's looking like the 15th would be our night.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally gave up on headers, I am just to heavy footed for them I guess, if they weren't leaking then they were cracking, weld and fix, crack again somewhere else, leak, crack, screw it

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally gave up on headers, I am just to heavy footed for them I guess, if they weren't leaking then they were cracking, weld and fix, crack again somewhere else, leak, crack, screw it

That's too bad.
What headers did you experience this with? Where did they crack?

Nice avator ;)

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vband to collector done....wont have time to do ypipe, but i got it all mocked up and i should be able to pull it out without taking out the trans crossmember
Driverside wasn't close enough to o2 bung, had to trim and flatten out body under there

Cars and coffee this mornin in west palm

20171202_140401.jpg 20171202_140403.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man, lookin good.
Did you weld them up?

I miss C&C, they don't happen in my neck of the woods. At least I haven't heard of any yet Kinda new to the area to
My family has a condo in South Palm, love it down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right