Installed Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I tackled installing headers and a catless y-pipe this weekend. It was pretty straight forward but a little tricky by myself. I am happy with the fitment and quality. I am getting it tuned this Friday.

I have not had a chance to drive it yet. Need to do some more heat wrapping.

20171112_141915.jpg 20171112_141925.jpg 20171112_141929.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year? What are you wrapping? Any cutting? Great looking system.

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 2013. I am just wrapping the second pipe on the passengers side down my the frame. The pipe sits very close to the positive wire to the starter.
No cutting needed because I removed the transmission support beam to remove the factory exhaust.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand of headers and primary size?

Did you have to support the transmission when you removed the cross member? I'm making a mental list of what I'll be facing when I do headers. New engine mounts are definitely on that list.

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are DNA from Amazon. The inner diameter is 1.7" Spoke with a few different tuners. So overall consensus was not to spend the extra money for the brand name ones.

I had to support the transmission with a floor jack while the support beam was out.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are DNA from Amazon. The inner diameter is 1.7" Spoke with a few different tuners. So overall consensus was not to spend the extra money for the brand name ones.

I had to support the transmission with a floor jack while the support beam was out.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to your next mod.

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad I'm still fighting this flu, I would've come over and helped. Are you saving the old Y-Pipe? Looks great, do keep us posted.

No worries dude. I have long arms. I plan to save the stock pipe incase I need to put it back to stock.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to your next mod.

Anytime. I'm happy to help.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry didn’t see the year or motor. I’ve been toying with the idea of tuning but haven’t seen a lot of info on what a tune on the 6.2 can gain. Better mileage would be awesome and more power goes without saying. Did you need the headers for the tune or does it just help?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good man. Need some finished shots of them in the truck and under.

Big Mama,

He's got a 2013 5.3.
With the addition of LTs and removing the cats, a tune us necessary.
You will see an increase in MPGs as well as HP and TQ. Most don't because they seem to stay on the loud pedal more often with the increased power and smile factor hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC