I installed E-fans on my 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 01 wiring Dia for the HVAC controls says that Pin #43 on the Red side is the relay control for the A/C clutch, and it is a negative trigger. I'm going to look into this today to verify that it's correct. If it is, then the extra relay isn't needed when using the OEM harness.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I found out the hard way, you can't tie into the #43 pin on the red connector. If you do, you will have a dead battery in the morning. It energises a relay up in the PDC under the hood, and I didn't notice it right away. Now I have an extra relay for the AC trigger.
I also am having a problem with my fans not coming on the low speed. I'm having the dealer see if they can update my ECM in the morning.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the dealer showed me today that my ECM is current, and no updates are available. So, I'm not sure what to do next. the fans are wired correctly, the ac fan works, but no signal from the ECM to trigger the low speed fans. I guess maybe find a core ECM and start over, or just sell my Diablo Trinity and go with EFI live and have BlackBear tune it.

MJolley38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ugh....efans.

Installed OEM fans from a 2005 Silver. Used LS1 wiring harness (BB doesn't sell them currently).
Got a tune from a local, reputable shop.
The AC fan wont come on when I turn on the AC.
Engine cooling fan works great.

What gives?

**2000 Tahoe, 5.3L LT.

Smoke Em All

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LS1fans.com sells a few different harnesses for the fan swap. I may just use my LT1 Fans and there harness to do my swap.

2003 Tahoe LT loaded!! 3" body lift Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65/18..

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Start checking connections and voltage on ls1 harness. Its a simple wiring and sometimes the connections suck. My connections suck so bad they burnt up the relay bases and 4 relays. I suggest all connections be soldered to limit heat with 30 amp continuous.

supermo26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a junk yard that has the complete harness, relays and connectors for the 2005 and newer OEM fans? I want a stock looking setup in my 2004 Silverado and I don't have a junk yard local with anything newer than mid 90's. Let me know what you have and what it would cost. Worse case I'll go with a harness from LS1fans.com but it won't look compleatly stock.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have access to a junk yard that has the complete harness, relays and connectors for the 2005 and newer OEM fans? I want a stock looking setup in my 2004 Silverado and I don't have a junk yard local with anything newer than mid 90's. Let me know what you have and what it would cost. Worse case I'll go with a harness from LS1fans.com but it won't look compleatly stock.

I'll be going back to the 3 around me in a few weeks. If I find another set I'll let you know. I just pulled a set of fans and a harness from an 05 for mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan