I installed E-fans on my 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanna hear from someone that has used those e fans in the dead of summer like on a 115 dagree day here in the phoenix thats had to park some where for a bit with the AC on

and how much current they pull becuase i have a 250 amp alternator and my amps are fused to handle 170 amps so i dont have alot to spare

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone sell the harness for the fans?

I think it's ls1fans.net or something like that. Look it up.

i wanna hear from someone that has used those e fans in the dead of summer like on a 115 dagree day here in the phoenix thats had to park some where for a bit with the AC on

and how much current they pull becuase i have a 250 amp alternator and my amps are fused to handle 170 amps so i dont have alot to spare

While not 115, I park in mine all the time in 101 ish weather. I have 2 kids, so if I run inside the store for a bit, my wife and kids will stay in the truck sometimes. Never had a heat issue. Also my ac stays ice cold while idling because of the efans too! I noticed mine are alot quieter than others too. Our 2013 burb is much louder. I wonder if mine are going into high mode. Not worried about it cause it stays cool.

What amps do you have. Cause they will say 100 amp fuse, but unless your at bass comps with test tones at .5 ohms, they will never actually pull that. If they did it would pop the fuse.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03 and up trucks have better control over the fans using the pcm so it may not be an issue of the big amp draw when both fans kick into high. The 99-02 trucks tap into the ac compressor and go full high each time the ac compressor cycles and if you are already at temp it starts to draw a lotta amps since both fans are cycling on and off of high mode. I've since changed to new 2011-12 escalade fans and may have found a problem with my factory ground wire, but I'm in the process of a motor swap amd won't know what's what until it all together.. if the new fans don't help then I'm gonna figure out how to fully wire my 00 truck into the pcm.

I have the harness from Nelson and it's held up to beating. Can't say the same for the relays..

Moral of the story is never buy electrical junk yard parts unless u can fully test them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I have a pair of doormans brand new for sale! Can't put them on this!
dca0cf267e588b2defc1800389f8f37b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I hate to post here every once and a while but i have a BRAND NEW Dorman E-Fan i never got to install before i sold my truck. IM moving out of my parents home and looking to get rid of it..... Message me if interested this won't fit in my 2009 cts:worthy:

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a deal today at a yard for factory fans and factory harness for $175. I've already got my tune.... So my question is, do I need anything else to get this mod going?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be just fine with that. You might look at a smaller alternator pulley but that's about ir

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the factory harness hook up just like the aftermarket? The guy was saying you just plug it into the fuse panel. Also, I can't remember where to get the smaller pulleys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17