headlight recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajgreen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, it's been a while. This old Yukon has been great! It's time to get new headlights. The old ones are cloudy as heck and water is leaking into them. Of course, GM has discontinued them so it's after market stuff. I've been looking all over and am completely confused. Dorman, Depo, TYC, and my favorite, "various manufacturers". All probably Chinese junk! These trucks are old enough now that I bet a lot of you have replaced yours already. Any good ones out there?

Donf

Reaction score
Had mine since new, so....
Around '05 0r '06, had to replace the first one to a bad low beam
'10 or 'll had to replace the other side due to bad low beam. Noticed that both sides were leaking so.....
I bought some "Chinese junk"- both sides still dry and bright.

But I think the days of automatically labeling everything made in China as junk are behind us. I'm old enough to remember that mindset about Japanese products. Today I would try to find headlights manufactured elsewhere, preferably in the U.S. Unfortunately these old trucks just don't generate the need for manufacturing every part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts