Got my 2010 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does the tow haul shifter work out? I know it is a direct bolt on deal, but does it require any programming to work, or does it activate the tow haul mode as it should right our of the box?

Direct plug and play; no tuning required.

The PCM recognizes the input from the button and the PCM adjust the converter lock ups, line pressures and alters downshifts based on the brake pedal input. I'm almost certain it also locks the transmission from going into 6 gear too. I have not verified.......I started a new job.

Hope that helps. My gas mileage went down a bit because I like rev matched downshifts.....and the extra grunt off the line

hemi5oh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

The PCM recognizes the input from the button and the PCM adjust the converter lock ups, line pressures and alters downshifts based on the brake pedal input. I'm almost certain it also locks the transmission from going into 6 gear too. I have not verified.......I started a new job.

Hope that helps. My gas mileage went down a bit because I like rev matched downshifts.....and the extra grunt off the line

Thanks, I've got that part numbered ordered up.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just found one on ebay for $29 still in the gm plastic bag... I said yes please...

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well gents, I finished the intake manifold porting and installed it on Veterans day. With the install, I also did fresh Fel-Pro Professional intake manifold gaskets and fresh Delco injector o-rings. Took me about 1.5hrs from beginning to end, while BS'ing with my buddies and drinking a beer.

Overall assessment of the intake. I spent about 8.5-9.0 hours porting it, not to bad, easy work. For the gains, well the there is a noticeable gain in throttle response and the power is not really felt until you get above 3000rpm to redline (approx 5600rpm)

Do I think the time was worth the effort....YES
Would have I spent the money on buying/paying someone to do it.....MAYBE

The drivability and power is there....so it's worth it, this mod alone will not yield much unless the rest of the intake tract is done IE larger/ported throttle body, better tube (Airaid MIT), better flowing filter and intake box mod.

I'll post some pics up later today

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And an XTRONs double din with forward facing DVR camera, back up camera and GPS to be installed later.

Killer deal for $300. Included the can/bus module, wiring harness and DVR camera. It's meant to look OEM but has an Android OS and allows you to match the OEM lighting. I love it

IMG_20191117_164951_516.jpg IMG_20191117_164951_522.jpg IMG_20191117_164951_524.jpg IMG_20191117_162226.jpg IMG_20191117_162159.jpg

A123

Reaction score

A123

Reaction score
And an XTRONs double din with forward facing DVR camera, back up camera and GPS to be installed later.

Killer deal for $300. Included the can/bus module, wiring harness and DVR camera. It's meant to look OEM but has an Android OS and allows you to match the OEM lighting. I love it

Also appreciate if u can send the model# etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne