Got my 2010 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have been reading and commenting up in here in anticipation of picking my PPV and I'm it now!

I flew out of BWI (Baltimore) at 0500 on Friday, left the dealer by noon and drive back to Baltimore area from Chicago......what a fun drive that was; got home at 2300. Ok, enough BS here is whats I have and know as of right now.

2010 Tahoe PPV - 69k, it was a GSA federal purchase (fleet/bulk order), it was in service some place in SC, and I have identified that it was a K9 Unit (the rear glass had decals), came with key less entry active and one remote.

Was not equipped with: A- pillar lights, headlight/taillight flashers, rear window/locks are active, no push bumper or bull bar installed, no LED/strobes installed into the headlights, taillights, foglight openings or on the running boards. No over head console or add on dome light.

- Appears that it was not original equipped with a rear seat or door panels (can see where flat panels were install on the rear doors). I have seen this in other K9 Unit trucks here.
- All of the emergency lights were on the inside of the truck - top of windshield, rear windows and rear hatch based on all of the holes drilled into the interior plastics.
- Only one hole in the roof for single antenna(the base is still attached)

When I took delivery - complete rubber floor covering, vinyl rear seats were installed, OEM rear door panels were installed, top of the dash is cracked (F$%K, they failed to disclose that), on the trip home I discovered the front rotors are warped and the front sway bar endlinks need to be replaced.

Surprises under the hood - new motor mounts, new revised GM valve covers, new battery, all the fluids looked good (minus the DOT3, needs to be flushed), not a single leak on the motor.

I'll get some pictures up when I get home.......GOVT computers don't like you up/downloading pictures

Cheers!

-

Denslow Burhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have been reading and commenting up in here in anticipation of picking my PPV and I'm it now!

I flew out of BWI (Baltimore) at 0500 on Friday, left the dealer by noon and drive back to Baltimore area from Chicago......what a fun drive that was; got home at 2300. Ok, enough BS here is whats I have and know as of right now.

2010 Tahoe PPV - 69k, it was a GSA federal purchase (fleet/bulk order), it was in service some place in SC, and I have identified that it was a K9 Unit (the rear glass had decals), came with key less entry active and one remote.

Was not equipped with: A- pillar lights, headlight/taillight flashers, rear window/locks are active, no push bumper or bull bar installed, no LED/strobes installed into the headlights, taillights, foglight openings or on the running boards. No over head console or add on dome light.

- Appears that it was not original equipped with a rear seat or door panels (can see where flat panels were install on the rear doors). I have seen this in other K9 Unit trucks here.
- All of the emergency lights were on the inside of the truck - top of windshield, rear windows and rear hatch based on all of the holes drilled into the interior plastics.
- Only one hole in the roof for single antenna(the base is still attached)

When I took delivery - complete rubber floor covering, vinyl rear seats were installed, OEM rear door panels were installed, top of the dash is cracked (F$%K, they failed to disclose that), on the trip home I discovered the front rotors are warped and the front sway bar endlinks need to be replaced.

Surprises under the hood - new motor mounts, new revised GM valve covers, new battery, all the fluids looked good (minus the DOT3, needs to be flushed), not a single leak on the motor.

I'll get some pictures up when I get home.......GOVT computers don't like you up/downloading pictures

Cheers!

-

Congrats! Very nice. What dealer? I bought mine with 78k. 2011 in Black, K-9 kennel and electronics, full unmarked light configuration intact, etc. Very complete and ready for service, just needs com and updated laptop.

My transmission went around 85k miles. Converter wouldn't hookup so out it came. Replaced with a fully upgraded Jasper that has been behaving very well for 20k miles.

I have a vibration that I've had a helluva time diagnosing. I've replaced tires, factory wheels were checked for runout/straightening, new shocks, springs, , front control arms, etc. Can't go over 75 mph without a significant and increasing vibration. Next up is checking the runout of the hubs, though the wheels are original and undamaged. How did yours drive?

I also bought mine from a 'dealer in Chicago.' They were fine to deal with. I didn't press them too hard because the truck had everything I wanted intact for a very specific use.

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Very nice. What dealer? I bought mine with 78k. 2011 in Black, K-9 kennel and electronics, full unmarked light configuration intact, etc. Very complete and ready for service, just needs com and updated laptop.

My transmission went around 85k miles. Converter wouldn't hookup so out it came. Replaced with a fully upgraded Jasper that has been behaving very well for 20k miles.

I have a vibration that I've had a helluva time diagnosing. I've replaced tires, factory wheels were checked for runout/straightening, new shocks, springs, , front control arms, etc. Can't go over 75 mph without a significant and increasing vibration. Next up is checking the runout of the hubs, though the wheels are original and undamaged. How did yours drive?

I also bought mine from a 'dealer in Chicago.' They were fine to deal with. I didn't press them too hard because the truck had everything I wanted intact for a very specific use.

Mine drives great, drove it almost 750 miles home on Friday.

I diagnosed the rotors based on pedal feel and vibration only while braking (I have new PPV rotors on order with Rockauto) The endlinks was from my visual inspection NOTE: I'm a part-time
tech.

So far I love everything about it

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Jeremy, would be cool to see which agency had it and if there are photos of it in service.

Yeah I'm going to do a deep dive on the VIN with a few sources I have and see if that yields any useful results. Based on the sand /mud from under the truck I believe it might have been on a Military installation (there a few of them in SC; Army, Marine and Air Force)

ChrisSRT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats.

Den, check the transmission mount, that was the cause of my vibration.

OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Project name "Undercover Sleeper"

What I have done, so far (as of 3 JAN 2020)

- Ported LS7 Throttle body (bought a new one and ported it before I had the truck LOL)
- Ported OEM intake manifold w/intake manifold gaskets & injector O-Rings
- AiRaid MIT intake tube /
AEM dry filter
- Airbox mod (opened up inner fender and matched the Airbox)
- Hypertech Max 2.0 - tuned for E85/AFM off/trans tune

- Denso IR plugs / Taylor 10.4mm plug wires
- Gates HD Green belt, ac belt, idler pulley, auto tensioner
- Holley powder coated valve covers (Tall) / new braided hoses & inline PCV
- UDR Catch can (black with black braided lines)
- Magnaflow muffler 12259

- Rear resonator delete
- Cleaned the MAF
- Royal Purple HMX oil change
- Royal Purple 75w90 Diff service
- Replace both Trans cooler lines (AC Delco)

- AC Delco PPV front rotors
- EBC YellowStuff front pads
- Rear pads
- XTRONs HU with backup camera & forward facing camera & GPS

- OEM DIC install
- OEM Tow/Haul shifter

- OEM Steering wheel Stereo controls
- Husky mats - front/back/cargo

- New headlight housings w/ LED HI & Lows
- OEM foglights added - OEM switch/lights and wired

- LED light bar, LED tag bulbs, LED brake lights, LED Dome lights (red)
- Spohn adjustable Panhard bar

- AC Delco Professional front sway bar end links
- New tires (Goodyear Eagle Ultra Grip GW-3 - 265/60R17) - AMAZING in the rain
- Airhorn install 150+DB

- Dropped the spare tire out, deleted the spare hoist/holder, removed OEM bottle jack and tool kit, removed the spare battery tray, removed about 5 lbs of spare antenna cable from the rear of the truck, removed excess brackets and cabling from under dash

Next up -

* NORCAL | BellTech 2-4 drop kit (ON HAND)
* OEM PPV shocks/struts & all hardware (ON HAND)
* 60k trans service (fluid/filter) (ON HAND)
* Texas Speed Long tube headers 1 3/4 (ON HAND)

* Texas Speed Y Pipe (ON HAND)
* ATI Harmonic Balancer (ON HAND)

- Auto Dimming rearview mirror (OEM) Ordered 4JAN20
- OEM remote start add on kit for RPO AP8 Ordered 4JAN20

---------------------------------------------------

Soon'ish

* Flush the DOT3
* Gear swap with locker (Yukon Gear & Axle - Ring/pinion and Truetrac limited slip
* Replace the driver side seat cushion and cover (top/bottom)
* Leather steering wheel
* Yella Terra Rocker Arms (1.8 ratio)
* Dyno Tune

In the Spring

* AFM delete (w/ LS7 lifters, LS9 head gaskets, C5R timing chain set, Melling oil pump) Req's dyno tuning
* Texas Speed cam (unsure on which grind) or LS9 cam - Req's dyno tuning
* LSA Supercharger (
in the garage, need finish Porting/rebuild) - Req's dyno tuning
* Meth injection
* Big brake kit ( I will probably do another Wilwood set up, custom build like I did for my Colorado)

Last edited:
OP
OP
1BADI5

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, been distracted with work.........let me see if I can pull them off my Google Drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645