Electric Suburban / Electric Tahoe / Yukon / Escalade EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of tree huggers that would tend to disagree and will tie you up in court for decades.
also what about resources? you know the materials needed to make all these "green" things, seems to be limited and the law of supply and demand kicks in, case in point GM just raised the the price of there ev's "again" citing price increases.
Whats your point? You want renewable infinite energy ? Or do you want to rely on a finite resource that is also controlled by many unfavorable people?

It is simple.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats your point? You want renewable infinite energy ? Or do you want to rely on a finite resource that is also controlled by many unfavorable people?

It is simple.
the point is it's a sham and currently a money grab at best, yes electric will be useful for some but it won't be as most envision it and we won't be able to go "full electric" for a very very long time, certainly not 10 in years.
hell it takes them years just to widen a section of highway which should take a fraction of that time
to many rules and regulations, no power infrastructure to support it solar and wind is not going to do it, not enough material resources to support it, not enough chips, not enough people willing to work to build what we need to make it happen.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the point is it's a sham and currently a money grab at best, yes electric will be useful for some but it won't be as most envision it and we won't be able to go "full electric" for a very very long time, certainly not 10 in years.
hell it takes them years just to widen a section of highway which should take a fraction of that time
to many rules and regulations, no power infrastructure to support it solar and wind is not going to do it, not enough material resources to support it, not enough chips, not enough people willing to work to build what we need to make it happen.
Progress and tech scares people. Tale as old as time lol.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Progress and tech scares people. Tale as old as time lol.
I don't think it is scary, i do think it's just going to take a lot more effort on behalf of big gov and business than most people realize
looks good on paper and all, but making it happen is a different story
most people around here are not driving new cars they can't afford them and they certainly are not going to be able to go out buy a new electric car, most cars around here are probably 10-20 years old and I live in a good area, the median income for Stockton is $27k that's barely above the poverty line.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is scary, i do think it's just going to take a lot more effort on behalf of big gov and business than most people realize
looks good on paper and all, but making it happen is a different story
most people around here are not driving new cars they can't afford them and they certainly are not going to be able to go out buy a new electric car, most cars around here are probably 10-20 years old and I live in a good area, the median income for Stockton is $27k that's barely above the poverty line.
The shift is happening. They won't outlaw gas right off the bat. So disadvantaged people will have means of transport.

The effort is being made and it is happening..no manufacturer is developing new ice engines. Everything is either ev or another high efficiency system like hydrogen combustion.

EV is winning because scaling up the infrastructure is easy comparatively.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all of those are presuming a commercial fast charger is available, those cost 10-20k to install and many gas stations are lucky if they even have room for one
one day in the not too distant future you are going to have a bunch of electric cars and not enough chargers to go around.
A level 3 fast charger costs $40-50k to have installed.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrading a transmission system is far from easy and neither is forecasting where the increased demand will be on the grid due to unknown consumer preferences at this point. As previously mentioned many RTOs (regional transmission operators) are struggling to meet demand today and “renewables” are only making that problem worse by driving out traditional base load plants and replacing them with unpredictable “renewables.” Some models (based on many assumptions) predict demand will double in some regions if a mass migration to EV takes place.

Battery technology can only ‘advance’ as far as physics allows it to.

With that said, if there was an EV Tahoe with 500+ mile range in all seasons I would have likely gone that route…

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shift is happening. They won't outlaw gas right off the bat. So disadvantaged people will have means of transport.

The effort is being made and it is happening..no manufacturer is developing new ice engines. Everything is either ev or another high efficiency system like hydrogen combustion.

EV is winning because scaling up the infrastructure is easy comparatively.
EV is not winning, are you not seeing real world reviews? They take 12-24 hours to charge on a level 2 at home charger, they can’t tow more than 60 miles, the battery life drops in half when under 40 degrees. They’ve got a long way to go before they are as convenient as gas cars and can be used on a mass population scale.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EV is not winning, are you not seeing real world reviews? They take 12-24 hours to charge on a level 2 at home charger, they can’t tow more than 60 miles, the battery life drops in half when under 40 degrees. They’ve got a long way to go before they are as convenient as gas cars and can be used on a mass population scale.
Yes I have. I have owned Teslas and other Evs. Believe what you want.

No manufacturer is currently developing next gen ice engines. So yes EV is winning along with other high efficiency drive units like hydrogen combustion , diesel, hybrids etc.

The f150 lightening can't tow more then 60 miles? Battery life drops in half under 40degrees?

Yeah im gonna leave it at that. I cant fight all the misinformation myself lol.

Last edited:

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get those stats? You're 0 for 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24