Door compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorelocal

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help answer the following query regarding door compatibility across GM brands.

I have an '06 Suburban that has a dent in one of the rear doors. I want to replace it with a used door from another GMT-800 vehicle ... there appear to be many more Cadillacs than Suburbans being parted out out there but I'm trying to verify that they use the same part.

I tried looking up the rear door part number online but the places with the schematics don't seem to show part numbers if they're not available. Can anyone provide a link to a resource that lists the factory part numbers for both an 06 Suburban and 04 Escalade EXT?

Thanks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you search car-part.com using a nearby US zip code, they will show parts at places in BC. They also show interchange choices, so you could see what other models and years use the same door. It would probably be good to verify compatibility somehow with another source, though.

OP
OP
S

shorelocal

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip ... I tried and it seems to offer interchange choices limited to each brand ... like only other Cadillac options ... if I enter the Escalade EXT, it shows options for an ESV. I'll keep searching though

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I searched with this criteria:

Capture1.PNG

After that it asks what tint, etc. I selected a random type and it came up with GMC, Chevy:

Capture2.PNG

Farther down the list:

Capture3.PNG