GMT900 Bose Premium Amp to Luxury Amp Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Quick update, setup the maestro for a factory amp, put in the amp fuse which goes to the back of the i/p junction box on pin P4 of the black connector, and exits on pin 6 of the green connector (this is contrary to the premium audio diagrams that show it exiting to pin 8 on x3 which is the orange connector) I opened the module to verify the wiring just to be sure.

The amp is turning on, connected a crap 6" sub I had laying around to the left door speaker output and I have both all chimes with no other inputs connected.

In other words with an aftermarket radio, it is possible to put the lux amp into a base model sound system

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
f6e798016271440fb0eb076cd7900c3c.jpgfacdaaa313dce2a533a738deff651c2d.jpg

Guess i need to start messing with the speaker outputs and rewire my inputs through the low level on the deck

Last edited:

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
something not making sense to me, maybe my amp is bad, not sure. Does the "lux" amp only have 2 channel input?

Nvm figured it out. I had fade set trying to get rear speakers setup and it doesn't work that way. Might upgrade to a uqs amp later for fun, but atm the uqa+y91 amp is in and sounding great, minus the fader control

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu