Interior Squeak and Rattle issues solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door lock indicators are bad about rattling on this body style. You might have fixed it by putting the piece of foam in the corner very close to the indicator though. I usually pull them out and put a piece of flocking tape behind them and use Super Lube on the slides and rod.

OP
OP
Bill D

Bill D

Reaction score
The door lock indicators are bad about rattling on this body style. You might have fixed it by putting the piece of foam in the corner very close to the indicator though. I usually pull them out and put a piece of flocking tape behind them and use Super Lube on the slides and rod.

Im agree. I used flocking I got many years ago from the GM assembly plant and put it all around all the rattling door locks. Its what the customer gets when GM got rid of the experienced Door system integration engineers.

Reaction score
Noticed on the 15+ the door lock knobs are different. Little bullets that come up through a hole, like on Fords.... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add a little to this conversation - I just finished my cracked dash repair project and it fixed all of my noise. My dash was in pretty bad shape so I knew it was the source of some of the rattles I was hearing...but I could have swore I heard some of the noise coming from behind me too. So I figured i'd fix the dash and then see how things sounded and use this thread as a guide to approach fixing those things. Well I finally got the dash all back together last night and went for a test drive to make sure I didn't forget to plug something in, and now the truck is Cadillac quiet. I can't believe the difference...not a single rattle, squeak, or anything.

So the moral of my story is - it could be the dash...even if it sounds like it isn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts