DJM lower control arms VS keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bump steer and "walking" has alot to do with alignment

Im running the djm arms and about 3.5" worth of drop and 1st alignment I had done at a shop and drove like craps 2nd alignment I did once we got hunter machine installed at shop. Now drives straight no issues as before

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I done a lot of experimenting. I had mcgaughys coils, crown, and now bell tech. But I like my mcgaughys spindles and 3/4 ton keys

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled on this topic, as it is here already, I will ask here. I will get some 18s under my Hoe in the next few months. Also MOT coming. If things need renewed, I want to go Bilstein 4600 absorbers all around. And if so for the springs, I want a 2'' lower kit for the back. And from my understanding I can do like 1/2 to 1 inch drop with the stock spindles up front? I will have a pre MOT in the next few weeks and I'm sure there is something wrong with my undercarriage, so already doing the research on parts, what is available in the Netherlands and what not. And for the drop in the back, I read a lot of DJM, not a known brand for me: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJM-Suspension-2000-2006-Tahoe-Yukon-2-Rear-Drop-Coils-Shock-Extender-Lowering/191871905625?hash=item2cac74ef59:g:TowAAOSw~oFXNk5Z&fits=Year:2001|Model:Tahoe|Make:Chevrolet

Or are there better 2'' back drop kits. And from my understanding also, I can make this all work with the Bilstein 4600's?

EDIT: never thought of it, because American vehicle. Is there any set from Eibach that does the job? That's German stuff and when I drove BMW I had it as well. Great combination with Bilstein. But since the market is so big for me for the Chevy. I see springs from Eibach on Ebay, but they don't seem to have the parts that DJM includes..

Last edited:

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a 2 inch lowering Eibach springs, but it are only the springs and I always see a bracket included with most American brand sets. These springs from Eibach say 2 inch drop on the rear: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eibach-3882-520-SUV-Pro-Kit-Set-of-2-Rear-Chevy/264954578792?epid=76509184&hash=item3db0860768:g:eek:BYAAOSweNBfwPOH&fits=Year:2001|Model:Tahoe|Make:Chevrolet

EDIT: Shock extenders those brackets are called. That is a ''must'' I can imagine?
I would go with Eibach or Belltech over DJM any day. And yes on the shock extenders, otherwise stock length shocks might bottom out. The extenders relocate the mounting points so the distance between them is close to original.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with Eibach or Belltech over DJM any day. And yes on the shock extenders, otherwise stock length shocks might bottom out. The extenders relocate the mounting points so the distance between them is close to original.
Go to know! Thanks :) Do you also know if it's true you can lower the front of the Hoe a bit with the stock spindles? Like 1/2 to 1 inch? Without compromising things obviously?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to know! Thanks :) Do you also know if it's true you can lower the front of the Hoe a bit with the stock spindles? Like 1/2 to 1 inch? Without compromising things obviously?
Yeah, I mentioned that to you before. You can decrank your stock keys. You can actually get 2” by doing that but my understanding is anything more than 1” and the ride suffers. I have never gone 2” like that myself. If you want 2” up front you really need to go with drop spindles.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned that to you before. You can decrank your stock keys. You can actually get 2” by doing that but my understanding is anything more than 1” and the ride suffers. I have never gone 2” like that myself. If you want 2” up front you really need to go with drop spindles.
Oh haha your memory is better then mine, thanks. Well since I really like to possibilities it gives with the stock height but I like lowered more for the looks. So looking for a way in between and want to skip the spindles and work with the stock setup and even the Tahoe with the rear drop. If I need new shocks and or springs I will go the Bilstein - Eibach way. That will make the ride firmer and that is actually what I want because I throw this thing trough corners like it's a BMW haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE