Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by dvzzz, Nov 9, 2019.

1. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Full Access Member

Name:
    Ron
    Here in Pewgene, Oregon there is the option of Shell and Chevron. I tried Shell ONCE. Never again. My MPG went to hell. I ran the same mid range I do with the Chevron. That Chevron is 1/8th mile away. It is pricier but my MPG makes up for it and the engine is smooth.

Miami-Dade and swathdiver like this.
  2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
  3. BG1988

BG1988 Full Access Member

Name:
    Brent
    I suggest you file a claim with the dealers bond the one they sold it to you at that will get their attention.. as if the claim goes threw they will be out of business pretty quick as they will not be able to get another one..

4. dvzzz

dvzzz Member

Name:
    Dmitry
    Fully agree, mine is +/- 500. I am being told by dealer, they will not increase RPM, GM will not allow. Tuners can but the same performance shop has explained that there is a mark created during any flash. Blackbear guys confirming in my this thread that they do a lot to avoid marks and no denied warranty yet, but GM is getting "nastier" and if GM kicks owners to the curb for the oil cans, while I am in dispute, I do not want to give them any reasons to deny warranty on my truck.

HiHoeSilver likes this.
  5. dvzzz

dvzzz Member

Name:
    Dmitry
    Thank you, sorry but can you please elaborate a bit more on the dealer's bond. I am not familiar with the process. Appreciate it!

6. BG1988

Name:
    Brent
    it's normally the last resort once all options are exhausted

but you submit all the documentation to the bond you will need to get the information from the dealer you bought it from it's going to be hard but they will have to cough up the information.... they have no choice to give it to you..

you will not get the full amount but only the amount to fix it

7. dvzzz

dvzzz Member

Name:
    Dmitry
    Thank you, yes, definitely last resort but so far none of the dealers played it honestly and fair with me either. Trying one more dealer this week.

8. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    I’m not sure what filling a claim against the dealers surety bond will get you. The dealer is bound by the contract they have with GM, who actually pays for warranty work, and you would have a hard time proving the dealership is not honoring the warranty when you have been told directly by GM that your issue is not a warranty issue. If you want to take this to court, the dealer is going to defer everything to GM who is actually the one who would pay for any warranty work and GM employs a lot of lawyers.

At the end of the day, I get that you are not happy with how your truck is running, but that in and of itself is not enough for a warranty claim even though you took it to a mechanic you trust that says something is wrong as GM doesn’t recognize them. The mechanics they do recognize are agreeing with GM.

I would not spend much more energy on GM and start focusing on making the changes you need to be happy with your vehicle on your own, or trade it for something else.

Doubeleive, mikeyss and HiHoeSilver like this.
  9. BG1988

Name:
    Brent
    it includes warranty disputes ....:) which is what the op claims

10. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    I understand that it includes warranty disputes. The problem is the Dealer holds the bond, not GM. GM, who pays the warranty claims is saying it’s not a warranted issue under the warranty that GM issued. The dealer didn’t issue the warranty.

So yes, a claim can be filed against the dealer, or dealers as multiple dealers have given the same answer, but it will be a useless claim since it is out of the dealers hands right now unless you think the dealer should just suck it up and pay for it out of their own pocket and not be reimbursed by GM just to make the customer happy. That is not always good business and the fact that the OP had already soured the relationship with that dealer, I don’t think that is likely. You will spend more in legal fees and time than if you just paid for whatever fix you think needs to be made.

I deal with warranty claims on equipment we build that costs any where from $500,000 to $4,000,000. I get it. A lot of wiggle room sometimes, but at the end of the day it comes down to the contractual requirements. When a customer is willing to work with us in a questionable issue, we are willing to see if we can find a compromise. When a customer appears to be demanding and not willing to work with us, we will hold a pretty firm line. I have authorized over $200,000 of warranty work on something that could be argued as not being warranty because of a good relationship. Sometimes we have customers offer to split the cost. I have also told customers they needed to pay for a $10,000 item because they are not willing to have a discussion or have burnt a bridge in the past.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    HiHoeSilver likes this.