Just bought a 2016 Tahoe LTZ. Could use a little advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Julianne / GM Customer Care,

Any information regarding the buffeting issue with these new trucks? Was it addressed for 2017? It would be nice to hear from GM regarding the ongoing vibration/buffeting issue that they keep claiming to be "normal". There's a reason these models are racking up to be one of the most "bought back" vehicles.

Thank you but I've been down that road a few times over the last 15mos with no real success, including working directly with a GM engineer. I'm hoping there ends up being a real fix and I don't have to buy new tires annyally and/or have them road forced routinely to keep from having the dreaded buffeting issues. Time will tell.

Ralph Varick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2016 Tahoe with a vibration issue and the Dealer and GM say it is normal...GM is denying this issue ....It must be too expensive to fix...They should not be allowed to keep selling these defective trucks ...Where is the law and the press....

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello adrone,

We appreciate you reporting on this situation, and bringing it to our attention. This is not what we wish to hear, as it is important to us that all our customers have a positive experience with our products and our dealerships. We would be more than happy to discuss this situation further with you. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information and involved dealership.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Julianne M.
GM Customer Care
Hi,
I was responding to your quote on the thread I have started regarding my 2016 Tahoe. My case number was xxxxxx
2016 Tahoe VIN#xxxxxxxxx
Once I attempted to confront the Senior Advisor "Mark" from your company on a direct lie he told about what was done or not done to my vehicle at Bill Holt Chevrolet with documentation sent to me from xxxxx to prove it "Mark" has never been reachable and has never contacted me back. I attempted to report this through the 1800 number and I was forwaded to a guy named "Christian" who is supposedly his supervisor. I have never been able to reach Christian, never given a direct number, and I have never been contacted again by Chevrolet concerning this issue. I have been left with a defective vehicle and zero customer service other than quite a bit of deception, denial, and attempted manipulations both on the dealers part and that of the Senior Advisor. The dealer ended up coming clean and providing me documentation on Chevrolets orders not to even attempt to properly diagnose or repair issues with the vehicle.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss this in detail.
Please be aware that I fully intend on publicly posting any relevant communications from Chevrolet on this forum and elsewhere and I will not stop there.
Before you consider my rhetoric contemptuous please understand I bought a new 70k vehicle and even purchased your highest available warranty and thus far it is ridiculous and insulting how I have been treated.
Regards,
xxxxx

Im not sure if I can put detailed info on the forum guys so Im removing it but heres the message I sent to Chevy on this forum after reading her response. I will let you know if they actually do contact me back and what the result is....its probably just more smoke and mirrors.

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2016 Tahoe with a vibration issue and the Dealer and GM say it is normal...GM is denying this issue ....It must be too expensive to fix...They should not be allowed to keep selling these defective trucks ...Where is the law and the press....
Ralph,
Take the vehicle and have it road force balanced at a good tire shop. Mine has the 22" rims and I know from other vehicles that unless everything is just right a vehicle will always have some vibration on 22's.
Turned out the vibration on mine is definitely from factory defective tires that are out of round. If a vehicles tires dont run round at probably 10lbs of force or less (pressure applied while spinning to make the tire round) then it will definitely have vibration on 22"rims.
My numbers on the new Tahoe were 37lbs, 35lbs, 12lbs, and 6lbs. In other words only one of my tires was good. The other fair but could vibrate, and then the other two so bad they are impossible to balance properly.....
Shame I had to go to tire shops to even figure this out that Chevy refused to even check.......NORMAL yeah right.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with my old truck a few years back where the dealership completely ignored any of my concerns... I emailed the president and cc all of the VP and everyone in corporate headquarters in Detroit regarding my matter and it being unresolved... within a day or 2, I received a phone call from a vp.. she asked for the dealerships name and I gave her all the info of the dealership including names of all the sales manager and service managers.... within one week all my problems were resolved by the same dealership....... in a nut shell... no dealership likes to get phone calls or get reprimanded by corporate headquarters over a simple fix... try it and you will see how fast they will fix things...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is Chevys response thus far...another false claim:
Hello Allen,

Thank you for updating us with your information. Please know, it is important to us that you have a positive experience with our products and dealerships, and regret to hear that this has not been the case. We apologize for any frustration, and understand your desires to have this situation addressed.

We were able to locate your case within our systems, and see that your agent. Mark , is still diligently working your case. He has been continually reaching out to the dealership to discuss the details of the diagnosis on your Tahoe. He plans on reaching back out to you as soon as he gathers any new information. I will let him know that you wish to be contacted as soon as possible, and notify him of our interactions.

After researching your case in depth, I do see that your dealership is in touch with one of our specialty teams within GM. At this time they are looking into exhausting all possible resources to provide you the assistance you need.

All the best,

Julianne M.

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im posting this stuff so you guys can see what nightmare and smoke and mirrors are in store for you if you purchase a new Chevrolet and have issues. They appear to be all about denial and deceptions....with a smile
Here is my response:
Juianne,
With all due to respect what you are stating is very far from accurate. "Mark" who you say is working on my case lied to me directly about what was done to my vehicle and has not responded or had involvement with my case since I have confronted Chevrolet about the dishonesty. I have heard nothing since then from Chevrolet and according to the dealer what you are saying is not correct. I have since taken my vehicle to another Chevrolet dealer where they are inspecting the vehicle.
You are claiming that Chevrolet or "Mark" is working with the original dealer in question??? If that is the case please be specific as to what is being discussed or done about this problem and/or provide me documentation to support that. Every time Chevrolet makes a false statement as it would appear that you are making now in the interest of saving face it insults my intelligence and lowers my opinion of your corporation.
Please feel free to have someone from the company who has the authority to do something to solve this situation and reprimand "Mark" contact me to avoid future bad

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have written no less than 10 letters and been back and forth to dealerships and mechanics since I bought this Tahoe around a month ago.....to the point of mounting gopro cameras to the dash and hood to show whats going on with it.
Thus far Chevrolet on each occasion from every angle shows nothing except for deception...layer upon layer of deception with zero intention so far of even attempting to examine and fix the problems with my vehicle. Learn the easy way by watching what I and others go through dont go down this road yourself.

WCDENALI

Reaction score
I have written no less than 10 letters and been back and forth to dealerships and mechanics since I bought this Tahoe around a month ago.....to the point of mounting gopro cameras to the dash and hood to show whats going on with it.
Thus far Chevrolet on each occasion from every angle shows nothing except for deception...layer upon layer of deception with zero intention so far of even attempting to examine and fix the problems with my vehicle. Learn the easy way by watching what I and others go through dont go down this road yourself.

Adrone,
Thank you for your posts. From someone that has been in your shoes, I understand and know your frustration. For a year and half I dealt with the numerous issues on my 2015 Tahoe. To make matters worse, GM was no help and left me wondering how and why GM has such horrible customer service. Like you, I dealt with the lies and deception from GM customer service. In my case, "Jason" and his boss "Corwin" lied to me several times regarding several issues during my repurchase of the 2015 Tahoe. When I called them on their lies, I was hung up on and neither one would answer or return my calls. Great customer service right?

Keep pushing the issue and hopefully GM will make things right. Good luck!

2manycars4me

Reaction score
I went through a situation like this with a 2009 CTSV. Talk about lies and deception. I'd get a call from the Executive council person with one story and already have the real story from my service advisor. I was told one time a GM engineer was there looking at the car and diagnosing what was wrong. Only problem was the car wasn't at the dealership anymore. I had all sorts of lies and untruths spread about the car. The dealership did not push to get it fixed and when it was finally done, the job looked like something out of a horror show instead of a Cadillac dealership. I swore I'd never go back to GM. Owned 2 BMW's and had fun with them. If the dealership in town was worth a crap I'd still have the BMW. I bought an SS because it was made in Australia and was untouched by the idiots on our side of GM. If it would have been an auto I'd still would have it. Traded for the Denali and I think I've got a good one, a crappy dealer again but a good truck. I drive 40 minutes to a different dealer so I don't have the BS from the selling place. Good luck with the repairs, write Mary an email and maybe a good executive council person will help. Hope you don't get Igor, he lies real good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518