Just bought a 2016 Tahoe LTZ. Could use a little advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

adrone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An update to my situation......GM customer service has finally given me information and proof that in my particular situation GM was not in fact lying to me or refusing to fix my vehicle but rather the dealership was providing false information to GM that was later relayed to me. Now that I have figured out the dealership is to blame and not GM I have started a dispute with them and the Dealership has agreed to give me a new Tahoe rather than repair mine......which is completely satisfactory to me......I have to think that GM's communications with the dealer as of late has led to their decision to offer me a replacement Tahoe.

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been a long time GM customer myself. ive owned about 10 different GM suvs all which were great and i had no complaints with. I actually jumped ship and bought a lexus RX about a year ago. While they were prepping my car and finalizing the paper work they bought me and my family lunch at a restaurant across the street. ran up a 150$ bill and they literally cut us a check on site for the entire bill and the sales manager even told us we should have gotten some food to go for the tommorow. not to mention every time i go in for service its like going into a luxury hotel. your car comes back washed / vacuumed and if your not happy they will do it all over again. i was contemplating on trading it in for a new tahoe since i honestly miss the room. but after reading these horror stories it actually makes me reconsider that. im very curious to know how this pans out for you.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been a long time GM customer myself. ive owned about 10 different GM suvs all which were great and i had no complaints with. I actually jumped ship and bought a lexus RX about a year ago. While they were prepping my car and finalizing the paper work they bought me and my family lunch at a restaurant across the street. ran up a 150$ bill and they literally cut us a check on site for the entire bill and the sales manager even told us we should have gotten some food to go for the tommorow. not to mention every time i go in for service its like going into a luxury hotel. your car comes back washed / vacuumed and if your not happy they will do it all over again. i was contemplating on trading it in for a new tahoe since i honestly miss the room. but after reading these horror stories it actually makes me reconsider that. im very curious to know how this pans out for you.

Your profile accurate? If so youre 26 and you've owned 11 vehicles!

Wow.

As for GMC service etc yeah, it's bare bones but after years of german cars it's refreshing. Especially with the repair bills. As for washing, my GMC dealer does that but I have it in their system not to have their 'detailer' touch mine. I'm....particular...or maybe that's peculiar lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes its accurate lol. i usually have a car for about a year or so and i re-sell before it depreciates to much. the number is actually probably higher than 11 because ive always had toys on the side (3 camaros).

when i had my last tahoe i avoided the dealership for a while besides one time where they needed to re-program the nav screen because it went into theft mode. and that was even a disaster once dealer told me they couldn't do it at first and i should just buy a new nav unit. which was a ridiculous 1300$. i went to a different dealer and they charged me 195$ for the re program i was like are you kidding me. i had an argument with the sales manager because it took them 20 minutes to re-program it and wound up just paying 1 hours labor.

just in comparison of the service between GM and Lexus, GM is miles behind and needs to work on that being that there now charging upwards of 60k for a tahoe. when someone drops that kind of money on a car they would expect to be treated the right way and not run around and given bs excuses. and that is exactly why i read posts like these to see if they are getting better. doesnt look like it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal