Clunking noise after some gravel roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Put your feet up and watch YouTube on …

* 07-14 Tahoe sway bar bushing replacement.
* 07-14 Tahoe UCA / LCA replacement.

Assuming all your parts are forged steel (vs stamped steel and or aluminum) This is a generic kit that ships to the house for $298 + 10% off. Ships free.

A009242F-A867-432B-A69D-C59EB97863B3.jpeg

Both left & right side New Upper & Lower Control arms, new bushings pressed in, new ball joints pressed in, tie rods & new boots to the steering rack, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and hardware.

Either install some or all of it yourself or go to an independent shop and ask them to install only what’s most important right now. Keep the other parts for your next go at getting done what should have been done 75k miles ago.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put your feet up and watch YouTube on …

* 07-14 Tahoe sway bar bushing replacement.
* 07-14 Tahoe UCA / LCA replacement.

Assuming all your parts are forged steel (vs stamped steel and or aluminum) This is a generic kit that ships to the house for $298 + 10% off. Ships free.

Both left & right side New Upper & Lower Control arms, new bushings pressed in, new ball joints pressed in, tie rods & new boots to the steering rack, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and hardware.

Either install some or all of it yourself or go to an independent shop and ask them to install only what’s most important right now. Keep the other parts for your next go at getting done what should have been done 75k miles ago.

I believe it just needs the outer sway but bushings. Replacing those and going from there to see if it eliminates the pop.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing you went to the forum before you went to the shop. Be prepared for …
View attachment 425544
Ok so what are you saying. I don’t have the funds to do all that stuff right now I can afford the bushings so that’s why I’m just doing the bushings. That is what is broken. Everything else looks fine. There’s no slop.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What we’re saying is you asked for an internet diagnosis. We’ve provided sage advice. You’ve gone a step further and provided more info & pics. All is good and you’re going to a mechanic as suggested earlier and completely loaded with 200% more info than you had before.

We’re not sure where you’re going to have it serviced. We’ve guessed what’s wrong with it. We don’t know what your budget is. We don’t know what the mechanic will say or find.

What I can says is you’re well informed to head to the mechanic now and you’re ready for his estimate. I infer no bad feelings or intent to you, just helped you a bunch and warning you to be aware of mechanics that MAY try and scare you into repairs that are not 100% needed this moment BUT … warning you that the link I provided must have those parts replaced in the next 6-12 Mo’s if they’ve never been serviced before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave