Clunking noise after some gravel roads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fless I know every job isn’t for everyone but never know until I try. Just need to get my hands on a three ton jack. I have sockets (chrome, should probably get some ones that aren’t chrome) I have a drill and an impact drill. It’s a Milwaukee and not the fuel series. Just the regular impact so maybe it’s can at least break the smaller nuts and what not. Maybe not lug nuts. I really doubt it. I’m looking under my truck now @wjburken i will take some photos of the front to start off than let me know if you need photos of the back. I’ll just grab those to.

edit:if the drill don’t work I’ll just throw my ol ratchet on there and wack it !

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fless I know every job isn’t for everyone but never know until I try. Just need to get my hands on a three ton jack. I have sockets (chrome, should probably get some ones that aren’t chrome) I have a drill and an impact drill. It’s a Milwaukee and not the fuel series. Just the regular impact so maybe it’s can at least break the smaller nuts and what not. Maybe not lug nuts. I really doubt it. I’m looking under my truck now @wjburken i will take some photos of the front to start off than let me know if you need photos of the back. I’ll just grab those to.
You’re good.

I think @Fless was just busting your chops a little. He’s one of the first guys on here to try and help a person out.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@wjburken here is my shocks and struts. First 4 are front and last two are rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2524.jpeg
    IMG_2524.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2525.jpeg
    IMG_2525.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2526.jpeg
    IMG_2526.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if these angles are sufficient. Can always take more photos.. any other ideas or suggestions? Of course I’m taking it in Monday to get LOOKED at. Not fixed. I just want to know what’s wrong right now.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry. That was the front left and right side I sent you? I will check those black pieces. Unfortunately don’t have a jack but will try to get my hands on one or maybe use a friends this weekend.

Or what if I use two scissor jacks. That’s gotta be enough right? (Kidding)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. That was the front left and right side I sent you? I will check those black pieces. Unfortunately don’t have a jack but will try to get my hands on one or maybe use a friends this weekend.

Or what if I use two scissor jacks. That’s gotta be enough right? (Kidding)
Yes, the front driver side is the one that looks the most suspicious. Your tire changing jack on just the driver front would be sufficient . Just trying to get some load off the link. Then do the same on the passenger side. If one is bad, you’re replacing both of them. They are pretty inexpensive. Actually, I would recommend you just plan on replacing them anyways because if they are not broken, they are well on their way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec