Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other night, Javier informed my wife and I that he has a summer job starting on Tuesday. He will be working for a local body shop this summer, and hopefully longer. He just finished his Junior year in high school and is wanting to go into the trades, preferably working with cars, so this is a great opportunity for him.

I told him to start out by asking questions and paying attention to what they show and tell him so he can learn as much as possible.
Dang that kid is hustlin! He’s gonna learn all kinds of stuff at that body shop!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other night, Javier informed my wife and I that he has a summer job starting on Tuesday. He will be working for a local body shop this summer, and hopefully longer. He just finished his Junior year in high school and is wanting to go into the trades, preferably working with cars, so this is a great opportunity for him.

I told him to start out by asking questions and paying attention to what they show and tell him so he can learn as much as possible.
Awesome! Way to go Javier!

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta brag on Joseph a little bit.
I was out of town today with my wife and daughter and I got a panicked call from Joseph.

He went to start his riding lawn mower today and it wouldn’t start. I told him to put the battery charger on it and turn it to start mode. He did and it started the mower. When he disconnected the charger, the rider died instantly. He then let it sit on charge mode for 1-1/2 hours and try. Still nothing. It wouldn’t even start on start mode. Knowing the battery was over 3 yrs old and about at the end of its life, I told him to just go get a new battery to take that out of the equation. He did and it wouldn’t start with the new battery. I told him I’d help him troubleshoot when I got home. Well, he wasn’t going to wait so he did some YouTube-Foo and found that a common issue is a 20A fuse that blows so he pulled it, dug out my multimeter that he had seen me use before, tested them fuse, replaced the fuse with one I had in my toolbox and then sent me the video that I linked below. I think he’s hooked on fixing stuff even more!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta brag on Joseph a little bit.
I was out of town today with my wife and daughter and I got a panicked call from Joseph.

He went to start his riding lawn mower today and it wouldn’t start. I told him to put the battery charger on it and turn it to start mode. He did and it started the mower. When he disconnected the charger, the rider died instantly. He then let it sit on charge mode for 1-1/2 hours and try. Still nothing. It wouldn’t even start on start mode. Knowing the battery was over 3 yrs old and about at the end of its life, I told him to just go get a new battery to take that out of the equation. He did and it wouldn’t start with the new battery. I told him I’d help him troubleshoot when I got home. Well, he wasn’t going to wait so he did some YouTube-Foo and found that a common issue is a 20A fuse that blows so he pulled it, dug out my multimeter that he had seen me use before, tested them fuse, replaced the fuse with one I had in my toolbox and then sent me the video that I linked below. I think he’s hooked on fixing stuff even more!
That’s freaking awesome man!! Excellent job with your kiddos Wade! And Fantastic job Joseph! (By the way, I can’t play the video. :()

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

my rider did that one time. Wouldn't turn over, even with charger on "start" mode. I checked the oil. Crankcase was full of gas. I did like Joseph. Called my dad thinking it was blown up. He came over and took a look. Carburetor needed rebuilt. Float stuck and drained all the gas into the engine. I was probably 25 years old at the time. Just goes to show, at any age, we sometimes need to call dad

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

my rider did that one time. Wouldn't turn over, even with charger on "start" mode. I checked the oil. Crankcase was full of gas. I did like Joseph. Called my dad thinking it was blown up. He came over and took a look. Carburetor needed rebuilt. Float stuck and drained all the gas into the engine. I was probably 25 years old at the time. Just goes to show, at any age, we sometimes need to call dad

I had that same carburetor float fail issue with my ride-on tractor mower. It ultimately cost me the tractor's motor. Simple problem, costly result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout