Burken Boys’ and Girl’s Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some more work done on Joseph’s truck. We pulled the bench seat out and installed the 60/40 seats from the donor truck. The gray from the donor truck doesn’t match the tan in his truck, but, oh well. Since Joseph is 5’ 1”, he needs the seat all the way forward so the bench was a little rough on me. Ended up putting some 1-1/2” spacers under the seats also so he can see better without a booster. All-in-all, it went pretty smooth and he likes the fact the seats fit him better.

Getting the old seat out.
DCCAADBA-E73A-4AB3-92E4-86E6CDDE76F4.jpeg

Successful removal. This seat will end up going into my dad’s truck as it is in much better condition than his. He has the same year and color truck as Joseph.59C86DA3-239B-444C-BF87-D11BEAE79F71.jpeg

Set into place temporarily.
D24ED539-526D-445E-AF07-4A2CEACAA2E1.jpeg

Anchoring them down. You can barely see me in the shadows under the truck while I put the backing plates and nuts on the bolts from underneath.
ABAC2F38-785A-474A-95A0-38ECCA015D0D.jpeg

Joseph sitting tall and proud in his truck doing a test sit after the driver seat was installed.
3110202C-7F6C-4636-9569-856563A7AB35.jpeg

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we got the seats in, I tackled replacing the actuator for the HVAC door behind the blower on Joseph’s truck that directs flow over the A/C coils or the heater core. It would click constantly once it got into position and sounded like someone was banging on a drum under the dash.

Man, if that wasn’t a PITA! I was determined to do it with our pulling the dash and was successful. As able to get my hands shoved in and contorted just right from under the dash and through the glove box opening to get at the two screws. I’m bruised and scraped up a little, but didn’t have to pull the dash. Was handy having the donor truck to pull the same actuator off of.

Sorry, no pictures, but it was late and I just wanted to get it done.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Pretty sure I have some of the same shoes he's wearing lol

That donor truck has came in super handy. Glad you're getting plenty of parts from it

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job dad! Have you guys thought about swapping the rest of the gray interior in? Is it in good shape?
Yeah we have, but it pretty beat up and the tan is the same color as my dad’s truck, which is a C1500 of the same year and color so he wants to keep it as much like my dads as possible. Also, his truck has manual crank windows like my dads and the donor has power windows.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Pretty sure I have some of the same shoes he's wearing lol

That donor truck has came in super handy. Glad you're getting plenty of parts from it
Definitely got our $150 that we paid for it out of it in parts and the time with my son teaching and working with him has been priceless.

OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other night, Javier informed my wife and I that he has a summer job starting on Tuesday. He will be working for a local body shop this summer, and hopefully longer. He just finished his Junior year in high school and is wanting to go into the trades, preferably working with cars, so this is a great opportunity for him.

I told him to start out by asking questions and paying attention to what they show and tell him so he can learn as much as possible.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other night, Javier informed my wife and I that he has a summer job starting on Tuesday. He will be working for a local body shop this summer, and hopefully longer. He just finished his Junior year in high school and is wanting to go into the trades, preferably working with cars, so this is a great opportunity for him.

I told him to start out by asking questions and paying attention to what they show and tell him so he can learn as much as possible.
How cool is that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN