Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this one that has more vibration noise and vibration?
I doubt you’ll notice. It’s the same type, solid rubber, that the previous generation has. The ones that have noticeably more vibration would be the the solid aftermarket mounts that have no rubber at all, like the ones made by Atomic Fab. And none of them cause noise lol.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the Hummer H3 passenger side mount on both sides of yours like mentioned in this thread and never have to worry about it again. It’s not fluid filled like all these that keep failing are.

This is what I don't understand- If the original one broke and the replacement (or even the replacement's replacement) broke in short order, why keep paying to install the same?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this one that has more vibration noise and vibration?

If there is any detectable increase in vibes, they will only be when idling. I promise you, possibly feeling a shake ever so often at idle is far less painful than replacing the mount once or twice or thrice...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I don't understand- If the original one broke and the replacement (or even the replacement's replacement) broke in short order, why keep paying to install the same?
I know huh

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please report back on your results with the H3 mount.

22YukonDenali22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've read enough to know to go the H3 route! My 2008 Yukon Denali RWD's passenger mount is bad...but the driver's side is completely fine?? I thought usually it was the other way around? Maybe the driver's was replaced by a previous owner (I've owned it for 25k miles, it now has 97k on it). I can't see a part number on the driver's mount, other than a circle with a "15" etched on one side. I did the brake test... In drive, no engine movement; in reverse, the passenger side jumped up 3 inches. I get a lot of vibration at idle, but no other symptoms. So the question: do I just replace the passenger now with an H3, replace both now with H3's, or wait til the driver's fails, then replace both with H3's?