Vibrations maybe bad motor mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO, the left one is bad and the right one is weakening. Not as bad as left but will follow soon.

My 05 Z71 is having me go thru a bit of hell right now with the mounts replacing, see my build thread, but yours may have better access or worse. Others here with an 07 and newer will know.
Wow so your thread. Lots of work!
Basically time for me to replace both. Thanks.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OBDLink MX+. No fault codes. Are you talking about real-time monitors?
Not the monitors, it generally can be found in something called like "Live Data". The misfire counts stored will be there by cylinder. Many might have some misfires, you are looking for the ones where the counts are way above others.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
While waiting to do the mounts, make sure to accel lighter than normal, in reverse or drive.

Start looking thru the threads for 2007 and newer mounts replacement and others will also chime in with opinions.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @donjetman said about the trans mount. I forgot to recommend. Good call.

At RA: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6437988&pt=5552&jsn=715 for $77.79 Plus shipping and use RA 5% discount code.

At RA: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9353684&cc=1441039&pt=8616&jsn=966 for $20.79 Plus shipping and use RA 5% discount code.

At Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-2584...ild=1&keywords=25847739&qid=1625612474&sr=8-3 For $90.05

At Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-1581...ild=1&keywords=15813693&qid=1625612529&sr=8-3 for $33.79

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I saw RWD and clicked on it and never thought of the 6 speed.

I have no idea if it will. Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and maybe @915_Tahoe will chime in with his great info on parts for the rigs here. Give him a little time and he will likely respond asap. He will know the correct number for the trans mount and then you or I can find at RA or Amazon. Patience will give you the best results.

I just now decided to take the updated engine info and looked at RA. The mount for the 6 speed trans and the 4 speed trans, RWD, shows the same number at RA for both. But I would let @915_Tahoe do his thing to be 100% for sure.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw RWD and clicked on it and never thought of the 6 speed.

I have no idea if it will. Post the last 8 digits of your VIN and maybe @915_Tahoe will chime in with his great info on parts for the rigs here. Give him a little time and he will likely respond asap. He will know the correct number for the trans mount and then you or I can find at RA or Amazon. Patience will give you the best results.

I just now decided to take the updated engine info and looked at RA. The mount for the 6 speed trans and the 4 speed trans, RWD, shows the same number at RA for both. But I would let @915_Tahoe do his thing to be 100% for sure.
Sorry for the confusion. The link I posted was actually for the engine mount. I thought it was a tranny mount since it said in the description "RWD; 6 speed Automatic trans."
So everything is good, the tranny mount is the same on 4 speed and 6 speed, $20.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The good thing is that they are listed as Genuine GM parts.

Do yourself a favor and post your engine size in your signature for future reference.

OP
OP
sctrl

sctrl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not the monitors, it generally can be found in something called like "Live Data". The misfire counts stored will be there by cylinder. Many might have some misfires, you are looking for the ones where the counts are way above others.
I’m using OBDLink app and I couldn’t find Live Data or anything about misfires except in the emission test section where it has a check mark next to misfires.
I did ran the real time monitor and at idle RPM fluctuates between 600 and 670, saw 700 once. Is that ok? I can feel vibrations through break paddle when it goes through fluctuations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts