Broken Lower Control Arm Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and that is why this Forum ROCKS!

OP
OP
AWOLASAP

AWOLASAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea the stabilizer is what broke the mount, guessing it was putting force up and down on that tab that wasnt reinforced for that. i say weld it back on also, box in atleast the angles to the crossmember. if you absolutely have to have the stabilizer on there, i would add some sleeves between the mounting tabs and bolt it all the way thru both
View attachment 401769
I like this idea, probably go ahead and do it here this weekend. Thanks to all who gave their 2 cents. I don't think I am going to put the steering stabilizer back, it's an IFS so I don't see much benefit. Doesn't feel any different without it really either.

OP
OP
AWOLASAP

AWOLASAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and that is why this Forum ROCKS!
Cloudy Tahoe.jpgDirty Tahoe.jpg
Here are some pics of my rig. Got a bumper from Baseline Overland coming in the next couple of months I'm excited for, should change up the looks a good bit. I'm grateful this forum exists, found many answers here.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like this idea, probably go ahead and do it here this weekend. Thanks to all who gave their 2 cents. I don't think I am going to put the steering stabilizer back, it's an IFS so I don't see much benefit. Doesn't feel any different without it really either.
The steering stabilizer is to help control "bump steer" and if you don't have bump steer, you don't need the stabilizer.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 401807View attachment 401808
Here are some pics of my rig. Got a bumper from Baseline Overland coming in the next couple of months I'm excited for, should change up the looks a good bit. I'm grateful this forum exists, found many answers here.
Dang dude! Love the stance of your truck. What size wheels and tires are those? From looks of your previous pictures you're not lifted...?

Also I LOVE the baseline overland stuff. However, darn you must be rich! Their stuff is super spendy! I've been considering modifying the factory bumper on mine. I do like the idea of it being able to still crumple when I hit something.

OP
OP
AWOLASAP

AWOLASAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang dude! Love the stance of your truck. What size wheels and tires are those? From looks of your previous pictures you're not lifted...?

Also I LOVE the baseline overland stuff. However, darn you must be rich! Their stuff is super spendy! I've been considering modifying the factory bumper on mine. I do like the idea of it being able to still crumple when I hit something.
I have wildpeak at3w 285/70r17. Has a little rubbing when the front end drops, but only at or near max turn angle. Its just the 2in rc lift so not much. Thinking about doing more, but I might just get atomic fabs coiliver conversion and bump it up to 3in on the front with that.

The bumper is a way of spoiling myself. Excited for it to come in. I could definitely see a modded stock bumper looking pretty good though.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had unlimited budget (kind of like my engine build haha) I'd have tons of the Baseline Overland stuff... Your rig looks killer :)

My trick to budgets... don't add up until project is done. Then cry haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts