Broken door where hinge bolts to door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the dude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my drivers side lower door hing has been bad for a while. However not only do i need to change the hinge, the metal on the door which the hing bolts to is broken and bent inward. So much so the door and fender bind. As a favor it was welded back up once already by a freind. I did not replace the hinge and its broken again in the same spot. Does anyone know if it is posible to repair and reinforce this without a welder.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would take it to a body shop and let them propose to you the best way to repair, and its associated cost.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
generally speaking it sounds like it needs a proper fix-> to be reinforced with a plate or bracket, which should be done from the backside doing anything to the forward surface is going to push the bracket out therefore pushing the door edge out making it no longer flush with the vehicle, this may involve removing the quarter panel to get access to the backside if that is even possible. I believe there is a seam in the way

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a firewall seam edge tear like that once on a mazda, it tore the throttle cable bracket out and cost me a good job and probably a complete change of my life, o'well
I had a machine shop make me a bracket and I fixed it, still cost me that job though :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I was exceptionaly mad because I had beat out 10,000 other applicants for the job but they were sticklers on you had to show up every day for training or you were out, 2nd day on the way to training, cable broke............

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a firewall seam edge tear like that once on a mazda, it tore the throttle cable bracket out and cost me a good job and probably a complete change of my life, o'well
I had a machine shop make me a bracket and I fixed it, still cost me that job though :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I was exceptionaly mad because I had beat out 10,000 other applicants for the job but they were sticklers on you had to show up every day for training or you were out, 2nd day on the way to training, cable broke............
The thumb didn't get you there huh?

I want to laugh at your story (relational to driving a POS years back young and broke) but empathize with your pain on the busted ass Mazda letting you down.

Maybe should've Ace Ventura'd it with a string to the butterfly valve.......comin in hot!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I want to laugh at your story (relational to driving a POS years back young and broke) but empathize with your pain on the busted ass Mazda letting you down.

Maybe should've Ace Ventura'd it with a string to the butterfly valve.......comin in hot!
I was literaly on the way to training and it busted on me, there was no way I was gonna make it even in a Taxi that would have taken 30 minutes at the time to even get to me
training was in the next town north and I was in downtown, nobody picks up hitchhikers anymore especially around here. The whole situation sucked balzzz
I don't think I even had a cell phone at the time.
just the way the cookie crumbles I guess, that job would have more than doubled my income at the time
they made it crystal clear that if you were even 1 minute late (during training) you were done...

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Well, everything happens for a reason. You might have been spared an awful work environment. Couple that with golden handcuffs and it could've wrecked other things in your personal life. I only mention this because I wore golden handcuffs for a number of years. I hated who I worked for, but the money was too good to stop - lead to bad stuff in personal life. Now I don't chase the $$ and work for a place that I really like. I make good money, but it's not the focus anymore.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

o'h and trust me I tried everything at my disposal at the moment to try and get it rolling, just the way it broke I didn't have anything on hand to fix it in time to get there. I think I did manage to macGyver it home later in the day.
Funny thing as well when I went to the junkyard for parts I found 2 of them busted just like mine was seemed to be a manufacture defect
I drove that thing till the engine blew up...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan