brakes: rotors, calipers, pads, and lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone running any kits that they're happy with? good performance over factory with little-no noise? Im runnin 18x9 rockstars with some heavy 285-65/18 trail grapplers (74lbs a tire!). I'm lookin' to spend under 1,000 for the whole setup, excluding lines. I'm leanin towards some drilled and slotted baer rotors and maybe baer pads? lemme know what you think. i also want to replace the lines. suggestions would be great

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the EBC drilled/slotted fronts and rears yellow pads up front and green out back. rolling on 20's and I love the stopping power.. great investment..

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read on a another forum that nnbs brakes will work, still get slotted rotors and better pads, just for 07 and up, then you need the caliper and mounting bracket witch i think you can get together and is direct bolt on the guy said he had about $400 into the swap and loved it. wonder if anybody else knows any more info on this?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i read on a another forum that nnbs brakes will work, still get slotted rotors and better pads, just for 07 and up, then you need the caliper and mounting bracket witch i think you can get together and is direct bolt on the guy said he had about $400 into the swap and loved it. wonder if anybody else knows any more info on this?

Are the 07 up brakes any better, Sounds like from that, your just using the caliper only. Just curious.

But interested in upgrading mine also, got the squeak now.. kind of embarassing.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rotors are 13'' vs our 12'' and i dont know about the caliper but i have to assume its better also. and yes the caliper bolted on with its appropriate mount on our type spindles. the forum is z71 tahoe surburban .com the thread is ''gmt800 to gmt900 Brake Upgrade, Everyone deserves good brakes!''

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the rotors are 13'' vs our 12'' and i dont know about the caliper but i have to assume its better also. and yes the caliper bolted on with its appropriate mount on our type spindles. the forum is z71 tahoe surburban .com the thread is ''gmt800 to gmt900 Brake Upgrade, Everyone deserves good brakes!''

Thanks man, im going to go check that out. stops alright now, but better is always good.

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
I am the one that first posted this in Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com, I installed this on my 04 Avalanche the first week on September 2010 and I am still amazed over the improved peformance of the brakes!

Total I spent on this with slotted rotor, calipers, and Z rated pads was around $400 but you can use OEM type parts and spend around $200 +/-

I'm glad that this has been passed around to the various forums for all to use. Feel free to ask any questions!

Link to write-up on Z71Tahoe-Suburban.com http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=28846

Part List

Caliper w/bracket 19176793
Caliper w/bracket 19176794
Pads 1092.10 Performance Friction
***Caliper part #'s are Durastop Police Tahoe Calipers, they have high temp seals and some other things that help them handle and dispate heat better***

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks Joe, for posting the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOnlyBenjammin