Pads to go with Raybestos R-300 rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hertahoe

Reaction score
Good afternoon - I have an 05 LT with the 07 front caliper upgrade. I have the powerstop slotted, drilled rotors and pads for the last 6 years. They are ok, but would like to change for a better option. I recently had the abs control module unit replaced, new fluid and system calibrated by a indy shop. My transfer case went out which fried the abs module. Afterwards, the brakes still seem to have the exact feel prior to failure, soft. I would have thought by flushing the system, new fluid and calibrating the system the brakes would tighten up. Been looking through different threads about pads and rotors, but can't make my mind up. I like slotted rotors for having a good bite after they get wet. I'm no expert, but have had slotted rotors on other cars and think they perform pretty well. I have had many different makes of pads and like Akebono (big turbo audi) the best. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the better option? do your brakes not stop in time with deacceleration ..we need more information to help give better advice. Sounds like you already have the advanced setup. My 05 with the OEM setup stops perfectly fine.

OP
OP
hertahoe

hertahoe

Reaction score
What is the better option? do your brakes not stop in time with deacceleration ..we need more information to help give better advice. Sounds like you already have the advanced setup. My 05 with the OEM setup stops perfectl
More pedal travel than I thought would be after the system maintenance. Mudsport asked if they were spongy and that would also apply. Again, I don't want to over dramatize that they are bad, just thought pedal travel would have been reduced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo