Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm needing to get a couple photos of someone's stock torsion keys. The previous owners either swapped them out or just cranked the stock ones, not really sure which it is.

If they swapped them out, then I'll probably need to swap them back in order to get the lows that I am going for.

Once the kit from Tony is installed, and after doing some measurements, this thing will be about 5" lower in the front and about 5" or 6" in the rear.

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What leads you to believe the keys were swapped? When i did my install i thought the same thing but all turned out just fine

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on previously climbing under the hoe and then looking new... But i just looked again and apparently paint has worn off so I'm sure I'm sitting on stock keys, which is good.

photo test, plus shots of the dirty ass suspension...

Last edited:

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A big thumbs up. Headlights and front end look great with that color. The wheels are badass too.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it guys. Also appreciate some of the threads on here to help me make the decisions as to what I need to run for the look I have decided on.

And, btw, the plans in my head will require a BFH and some cutting to achieve. I'm excited to get it started.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but, at the moment, I need to figure out the headlight situation.

One lights up as if it were a 5000k bulb and the other lights up like a 6000k bulb. These should be 5500k bulbs to get that nice white color.

I believe that it is because I had one of the ballasts go out and swapped in a spare one that was a different "model" or whatever.

So, hoping a simple replacement set of ballast will correct that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And because I don't really have the time to sit on this for hours... this is the idea for the final suspension setup I am going for. I like to get things down on paper/computer to keep my mind in some sort of direction, or just see how far I actually deviate with the end result.

With this plan, I have the 3/5 on the way right now. The keys are cranked up on this thing so I will be lowering them beyond stock (while maintaining safety and ride quality) along with the components in the lowering kit.

Since I do not know how the paint is under the Z71 flares/skirts, I will be keeping those. Plus, there are some rivets involved in the mounting and I don't want to dick with that. So, I plan to use what I learned on the old truck and do some plastic welding on the flares and the side skirt. I plan to add a section that drops the center top section of the flares (wheel well) lower by an inch or two, depending on what I want/need based on turning and clearances needed. The side skirt will be turned into a smooth rocker. I've seen it removed and don't like the frame under there. Plus, it REALLY bothers me when it's removed and the bottom of the front bumper doesn't line up with the side skirt.

Yeah, I know it's cheating, but this will give me the look I want without sacrificing ride quality or functionality. Plus, I can plastic weld.

There will be an angled (matching the body lines) 5" exhaust pipe/tip that will exit behind the rear wheel that I will pull up into the body, once again, similar to the old truck.

Not sure what I plan to do with the hood. I like the ZL1 hood they have out there, or at least the idea of it, but unsure what it actually looks like since I really haven't seen anyone running it other than a VERY custom Silverado. I may just do some vents on the stock hood or try and find and SRT10 hood (dual scoop thing) and graph that in. Obviously, that's a project that's a way ahead idea after I have some go under the hood..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645