'04 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roilux

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've visited threads here occasionally for a couple years. Today I realized I lacked a proper introduction. :uhoh2:

My first Tahoe was a 2001, 4.8L with barn doors (and manual roll up windows!) that accumulated 245k miles. I'd still be driving it had it not been totaled by street racers. :flame: Not wanting to stray from the GMT800 platform I located a 2004 5.3L Flex LT. Essentially being a 'do-over' the '04 filled creature comfort voids of the '01. The '04 was mechanically sound for its age and milage, and accident free with slightly above average interior wear.

To make the introduction longer, the '04 was hit while parked by a drunk driver last year and subsequently totaled eight months after the '01 was totaled. :mad: A total loss of the '04 wasn't due to the severity of damage but a result of high repair costs. I bought the vehicle back from insurance, located a repair shop to work with and sourced parts myself. Being without the vehicle for two months was acceptable. Having $1,500 left over lessened aggravations and led to an interior with fresh seats and every button, switch, motor and light in working order.

For those still reading, yes it now has a rebuilt title and would be subjected to diminished value upon selling. I don't foresee ever selling unless I moved away from the USofA.

Photos, 2001 Tahoe, 2004 Tahoe then, 2004 Tahoe now. :)
Bruce

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 8
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: