Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Does the lens seperate easy or is it a pain? How much heat do you put to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With these cheapo lights, it didn't take much effort to get them apart.

I ran a heat gun around the edge until it was damn near too hot to touch. I made sure I didn't sit the heat gun on one spot otherwise the housing would start to bubble. As I progressively heat up the edge, I would pause randomly and attempt to seperate the lens to see if it was hot enough. Once it got hot enough, I just unhooked the two top and two bottom hooks (not quite as easy as I make it sound) and carefully pulled/pried the lens apart. Once I had enough to grab on the end it came off quick.

Then, I used the gun again to heat up the glue that was left in the housing channel and scraped it out with a flat head screw driver.

It probably took me about 20 minutes to pull the first one apart and about 10 for the second.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Righto... a little forced progression to update this with.

Trying to sell my current wheels/tires on the Tahoe and need to pick up a set of tires to replace them...

So, these were just ordered..

Untitled-1.jpg

And this is also happening as we speak. Hated the finish so decided it was a good time to tape them up and make some spritz spritz noises with my mouth, obviously being careful not to spit on anything important. The final plan (which I hope looks good) is a hyper silver finish on the face with the black background of the wheel. We will see how this turns out. *fingers crossed

IMG_20160114_205710121_HDR.jpg

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this thread.

Polo green metallic >>

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never been a fan of matched wheels personally. Usually use the wheels as an accent color on my vehicles, hence the silver.

Everything is purchased to mount these up and should be on by the end of next week.