Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
sounds like a plan man! and you aren't the only one the bumper issue freaks out. every time I see that its all I can think about. no matter how nice the truck is!

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
And because I don't really have the time to sit on this for hours... this is the idea for the final suspension setup I am going for. I like to get things down on paper/computer to keep my mind in some sort of direction, or just see how far I actually deviate with the end result.

With this plan, I have the 3/5 on the way right now. The keys are cranked up on this thing so I will be lowering them beyond stock (while maintaining safety and ride quality) along with the components in the lowering kit.

Since I do not know how the paint is under the Z71 flares/skirts, I will be keeping those. Plus, there are some rivets involved in the mounting and I don't want to dick with that. So, I plan to use what I learned on the old truck and do some plastic welding on the flares and the side skirt. I plan to add a section that drops the center top section of the flares (wheel well) lower by an inch or two, depending on what I want/need based on turning and clearances needed. The side skirt will be turned into a smooth rocker. I've seen it removed and don't like the frame under there. Plus, it REALLY bothers me when it's removed and the bottom of the front bumper doesn't line up with the side skirt.

Yeah, I know it's cheating, but this will give me the look I want without sacrificing ride quality or functionality. Plus, I can plastic weld.

There will be an angled (matching the body lines) 5" exhaust pipe/tip that will exit behind the rear wheel that I will pull up into the body, once again, similar to the old truck.

Not sure what I plan to do with the hood. I like the ZL1 hood they have out there, or at least the idea of it, but unsure what it actually looks like since I really haven't seen anyone running it other than a VERY custom Silverado. I may just do some vents on the stock hood or try and find and SRT10 hood (dual scoop thing) and graph that in. Obviously, that's a project that's a way ahead idea after I have some go under the hood..

Nice pic^ I had my green Tahoe dropped on 24s last summer

981E318F-22CB-47F2-B4C5-8CE302F7E841.png_zpstkr1x1nw.jpg

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the Tahoe with Tony's 3/5-6 kit. Still have to do some trimming up front as well as install the spacers in the rear to give it a little rake but I'm very pleased so far.

ukCQAq.jpg

Last edited:

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the way it is sitting right there. Pretty truck

04 green Z71 Suburban lightly modding it and eying all the tips on this site

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the Tahoe with Tony's 3/5-6 kit. Still have to do some trimming up front as well as install the spacers in the rear to give it a little rake but I'm very pleased so far.

ukCQAq.jpg

Looks great!! Have any profile and ass end shots as well? Curious what you are measuring ground to fender lip? That front tire is sitting nice and low on the fender.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!! Have any profile and ass end shots as well? Curious what you are measuring ground to fender lip? That front tire is sitting nice and low on the fender.
I do.. that one was the best artsy one I have right now lol... I took a couple after I got it aligned the other day while it was nice out and relatively clean. Those are below.

For the measurements, I am right around 33" at all 4 corners. Depending on a couple other measurements once I have some extra time, I'll be modifying the flares to help the wheels tuck a little better IF it's still not sitting exactly how I want it to once I do a little adjusting to the wheel fitment.

If I modify the flares, the ground to fender measurement will be right around 32", at least what I am guessing without doing any clearance checks.

Looks sick!!! More pics please, like 10 more will do :)

HELR3s.jpg

qMJL4g.jpg

EhpPao.jpg

The back quarter image didn't upload correctly and don't have access to it at the moment to upload it.

Like I said, once I get the spacers installed in the rear and then get a few other minor tweaks adjusted as well as the trimming, the stance will be perfect... at least to me.

and a funny note... the top two photos were taken at about 50+ degrees only 1.5 days prior to the bottom photo.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks right. Sitting low. IMO no spacers needed. I like the level look and the Z71 flares and running boards make it look a bit lower. Very nice indeed!!:waytogo:

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've become a huge fan of having rake... about an inch of it when lowered. Plus, I feel the rear end needs a little more travel for what I drive on daily. Little too jarring for me when hitting some big bumps.

But, that's also what I got the helperbags for...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman