Best/Cheapest tires on market?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajaxnxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmm, I rubbed quite a bit with 295/35/24s on a 2-3/4 drop.

If you're gonna trim anyway, might as well go with the 305s. :)

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Oh and to answer the question ... since you don't get much winter weather in Huston, the best value tire, which also happens to look awesome, is by far the Nitto 420s.

True on the winter weather.....but, remember that we get mad rain here in TX !!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually run the cheapest tire I can find and have not had any trouble. I have seen expensive and cheap tires both be good or crappy.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running some Cooper ZEON XSTA - 305/40/22 and are pretty inexpensive and seem to be holding up pretty well.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what tire would the be Yates?

I have used Kumho's, Toyo's, Nitto's, Falken's in low pro tires. Always put the cheapest tire I could find on my daily which always last as good. I have not noticed any differences in wear through brands and the only trouble I had was a side wall cracked out on a Falken but it was time to replace it anyways. I have friends who always run cheap low pro tires on mini trucks (I know a little different) and have never had trouble.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problems with cheap tires is sooner or later you are going to separate a band. They are made cheap and for that exact reason. I had some nonsense FULL RUN tires on our wheels back in the day... they got stress cracks and had a TON of tread left. By the recommendation of our tire guy at Elite Roads, we went with Kumho because they were the most "inexpensive good tire" that came recommended.

With the new setup, we will be running Pirelli or Toyo, but that's another topic that I wouldn't want to derail this thread with. :Handshake:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only tire I have ever had crack out is a Falken. I will run something cheaper then the Falken's I have now next time I need tires

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand you guys sometimes ... you have trucks that cost tens of thousands of dollars and weigh 3 tons, vanity mods also in the thousands, some of you have families, and you try to save a couple of hundred bucks on tires. I dunno, for me there's just no way I'm putting inferior tires ... sure they might run and drain well enough most of the time, but if I can't trust my tires nothing else really matters. 2 drachmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz