After Market Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Have a 2007 Tahoe, I love it and have been driving it with minimal problems for 5 years, Want to replace the Headlights with a fresh look, any recommendations on after market headlights that look cool and work fairly well.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got these on Amazon a few weeks ago and like them. They’re bright. So much so that I get people flashing their high beams at me when I’m on low lights. It was around $300 and are plug and play.

Attachments

• IMG_2770.jpeg
    IMG_2770.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    524.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
I got these on Amazon a few weeks ago and like them. They’re bright. So much so that I get people flashing their high beams at me when I’m on low lights. It was around $300 and are plug and play.
Did you adjust/aim them after installing them? They should have a height adjustment screw (I think it's a torx style) to aim them properly.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t do that but maybe I should. Thanks for the tip. I figured they were pointing high bc of another problem I was working on where the front of Big Mama was higher than the rear. I fixed that but haven’t driven at night since. Do you know what the procedure is? How far back from wall or how high the light beam should be?

Reaction score
I didn’t do that but maybe I should. Thanks for the tip. I figured they were pointing high bc of another problem I was working on where the front of Big Mama was higher than the rear. I fixed that but haven’t driven at night since. Do you know what the procedure is? How far back from wall or how high the light beam should be?
It's something like measure from the ground to the headlight bulb, then mark this distance on a wall or garage door with masking or painters tape. Put vehicle 25' from wall and (now not sure about the exact measurement) adjust lights so cutoff point is either even with tape or 2" above or 2" below. I really can't remember

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2007 Tahoe, I love it and have been driving it with minimal problems for 5 years, Want to replace the Headlights with a fresh look, any recommendations on after market headlights that look cool and work fairly well.
Make certain they are not blue – white lights. Unless you like getting pulled over by the police and having other drivers flash, there high beams at you stick with the original factory color, and brightness. The best way to make your car look better this to disable the daytime running lights. Then people can see the car, not just Lights.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look white but I kept my old bulbs so I’ll pop one in and see.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I installed those on our past 08 YXL Denali. All black Yukes should have some kind of led DRL like those have. They’re hard as hell to see in back up cameras.

I used PIAA (non blue) that are about 15% over wattage but still last a long time. They may have just been bought out by Valeo.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything 5k and under are considered white. you're probably fine unless you ordered 7k or higher temp.

for aiming. it's 2in below bulb hight at 20 or so feet. basically you want low beam on the ground in front of you, not up in people's eyes and doing no good on the road in front of you. a slight down angle is all that needed and even then if you have hills it's painful to the on coming drivers at times but everything new is at that point unless you have auto adjust lights of some of the newer German cars.

high beam is about just a ton of light thrown down the road and to the sides of the road. fog is super low, try to keep them level with their bulb height. trying to get light under the fog as much as you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia