Quick Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
So... I'm in the market for a new set of tires. I'm trying to find something economical but decent in the performance aspect. I happen to come across the ATTURO Trail Blade ATS and they aren't that expensive but, i've always felt that you get what you pay for. Has anyone bought these tires before? The reviews i've seen are mixed. Some people complain heavily about them because of balance issues and others rant and rave about them. The problem being that these are people with different types of vehicles. Also, i'm looking at size 305/35/24. If anyone here has bought a set of these, i'd love to know your impression of these tires. My other options are

Atturo Trail Blade ATS $199.00

General Grabber UHP $277.00

Nexen Rodian HP $296.00

Falken Ziex STZ05 $329.00

Yokohama Parada Spec-X $362.00

Toyo Proxes STIII $366.00

General GMAX AS-07 $384.00

Even If you guys have had any experience with any tires on the list, i'd love to hear about it. Also, i'm not sure if my post is in the right place as i couldn't find a tire thread. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... I'm in the market for a new set of tires. I'm trying to find something economical but decent in the performance aspect. I happen to come across the ATTURO Trail Blade ATS and they aren't that expensive but, i've always felt that you get what you pay for. Has anyone bought these tires before? The reviews i've seen are mixed. Some people complain heavily about them because of balance issues and others rant and rave about them. The problem being that these are people with different types of vehicles. Also, i'm looking at size 305/35/24. If anyone here has bought a set of these, i'd love to know your impression of these tires. My other options are

Nexen Rodian HP $296.00

Even If you guys have had any experience with any tires on the list, i'd love to hear about it. Also, i'm not sure if my post is in the right place as i couldn't find a tire thread. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I don't have experience with any of those, but I'll add one more to your list: Continental TerrainContact H/T. Word on the street is that it's so good, it caused Michelin to finally redesign the Defender LTX. I have a set of each (the Michelins and the Continentals) on each of our two Yukon XL Denali's in 20" size, and the Continentals are superb.

OP
OP
AmunRoo

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Have you tried a Google search review for any of the tires listed.
yep, i have checked reviews on various sites. The problem is that they are all over the board. They all have positive heavy reviews but they are for a variety of vehicles. The all also have concerning bad reviews. Balance issues, out of round issues, noise issues, premature wear issues, etc... This makes it hard to gauge what i'm looking at when a lot of positive reviews are from jeep people, for example. Or from some guy in a Honda ridgeline.

The plus side, if i get the Atturo tires and they end up being a heaping pile, Discount tire will swap them out for something else and i'd only have to pay the difference. As long as it's within 30 days. Unless there's a lot of fine print which i'll say i read, but really wont lol

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have a 2500 and tires will feel different.

I used to run Goodyear A/T 2's which were fairly noisy but I stuck it out on my '09; they were great all terrains however and didn't cause the mileage to tank. Ran through two sets actually. ~55k and then at 110k.

Upgraded to Michelin LTX A/T 2's and they are incredible; really good traction, quiet, and don't ride rough even at 50/60 psi. I'll be buying these again and took them with me from my '09 onto my '13. Dealership recommended them (I trust the service manager) and they've been great; never any issues and I drive 55-95mph depending on the conditions and they probably get 1,000-1,500 miles of true off road/deep snow use per year.

My wife also has Michelin LTX A/T 2's on her '18 Jeep Wrangler; upgraded when the stock Michelin's were getting worn at approximately 40k and now has 58k and they look brand new. She reported a noticeable difference traction compared with the stock and hasn't complained about noise, rough ride and I keep them at 35 psi.

Edit: I need to learn how to spell.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably lean towards trying the Discount tire offer, I have read reviews on Michelin tires which are suppose to be the best and most people love them but not everyone. I think it comes down to personal taste. Good luck.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have experience with any of those, but I'll add one more to your list: Continental TerrainContact H/T. Word on the street is that it's so good, it caused Michelin to finally redesign the Defender LTX. I have a set of each (the Michelins and the Continentals) on each of our two Yukon XL Denali's in 20" size, and the Continentals are superb.

huh. I'm going to be in the market soon. read a little on both and saw tire rack test. I like the sound of the continental tires.

guess you can't go wrong with either thou. mine will be in 17s so not sure how 20s compare, but have you noticed which ones are quieter?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

Nexen Rodian HP $296.00

Thanks!
I’ve had the atturo trail blade Mt and they have been great and lasted a good while.
My buddy had general grabbers with no complaints
Dads always ran Toyos and he’s loved them he got a set of Firestone’s and they diddnt last no time compared to his Toyos

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a Google search review for any of the tires listed.

The problems with tire reviews are: 99% are paid shills (buy this, it's amazing!!!), and the other .5% are by people that have no idea how to review a boat anchor, let alone a dynamic piece of equipment, like a tire.

Due to multiple climates and driving types, tire recommendations can be tricky.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh. I'm going to be in the market soon. read a little on both and saw tire rack test. I like the sound of the continental tires.

guess you can't go wrong with either thou. mine will be in 17s so not sure how 20s compare, but have you noticed which ones are quieter?
I have listened for this while driving both Yukons and they're indistinguishable to my ears. I also expected the XL rated Continentals to have a stiffer ride but they don't. Seems that they may have finally unseated the reigning champion LTX. Hopefully they'll last a long time too. Also, while they are the same width as the LTX's at the bead, the sidewalls on the Continentals are significantly wider - perhaps a half inch or more distance between the bulges on both sides of the tire, as is the tread, giving the impression that they're a wider tire than the LTX. They also perform better in beach sand than the LTX without airing down.

The problems with tire reviews are: 99% are paid shills (buy this, it's amazing!!!), and the other .5% are by people that have no idea how to review a boat anchor, let alone a dynamic piece of equipment, like a tire.

Due to multiple climates and driving types, tire recommendations can be tricky.
Yup. Precisely why I came here to ask for input a few months ago before I bought the Continentals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar