Need some suggestions on all terrain tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinthewoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I decided against getting those 34`s that were used from my last post and just buying brand new. I got approved through discount tire for 1400 bucks for a credit card that I can pay off over 9 months, so ill through in whatever extra I need for tires in cash. I`m wondering what brand should I go with? I`m Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain I have heard they are really great in snow ( I live in Denver Colorado and we are going into snow season) and they are 100 cheaper per tire than the ko2, any thoughts? Can you guys give me some insight on tires you have/ like. I know the ko2 are very popular. I`m thinking about staying with the 285/70/17 size that I have on the truck now. Thank as always guys!

Justin

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not get Yokohama G017 AT XD, way noisy. Starts at 30mph, sounds like a UFO at 50mph. Chorus of high pitched hum, like they tried to make em noisy..

Ended up with some Falken Wildpeaks, much quieter! Not sure about the snow traction, though it does have the snowflake rating...

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with the WILD PEAKS. Very nice tires from what I've heard. I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2 and have been very pleased with ride, handling, and longevity at this point. I've always been a Bridgestone dueler A/T guy until now. Duelers ride great, good traction as well. I only changed brands because I got a steal of a deal and figured it would be worthwhile.

Another option you can consider is looking for OEM take off sets. Mounted and balanced, bolt on for way less than new tires generally.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
So I decided against getting those 34`s that were used from my last post and just buying brand new. I got approved through discount tire for 1400 bucks for a credit card that I can pay off over 9 months, so ill through in whatever extra I need for tires in cash. I`m wondering what brand should I go with? I`m Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain I have heard they are really great in snow ( I live in Denver Colorado and we are going into snow season) and they are 100 cheaper per tire than the ko2, any thoughts? Can you guys give me some insight on tires you have/ like. I know the ko2 are very popular. I`m thinking about staying with the 285/70/17 size that I have on the truck now. Thank as always guys!

Justin
Nitto terra grappler or ridge grapplers are both great tires that ride good and last a good while. Toyo open country’s are also good I’ve had all 3 and would buy any of the 3 again in a heartbeat

Down8

Reaction score
I loved my Nitto Dune Grapplers (since discontinued, I think :( ). But I can't speak to their snow-worthiness.

-bZj

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the toyo open country because of the reviews but eeegaads noisy, sounded like I was taking off in a airplane and no rain traction at all, actually scared me to drive with them on a wet surface over 30mph. maybe they are ok for the snow but hard no I sold them at a loss as fast as I could find a sucker to take them.
first time I got on the freeway with them I felt the whole truck slide and that was that, nope.

me88

Reaction score
Don't get All-Terrains, they suck big time. Get some name-brand H/T or H/L.

Writefast

Reaction score
A buddy suggested these for me. I’m running the current tires until they’re needing a change. He was running knobbies but hates the road noise. He hunts and guides as a side job with these tires.

Attachments

• IMG_9448.png
    IMG_9448.png
    568.5 KB · Views: 7

BlackBrud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live near denver, and recently installed some Nokian Outpost nAT’s on my suburban. They’re quiet, they’re nokians (3 peak symbol, winter-biased compound), and they’re reinforced with aramid fibers similar to Kevlar. Mine are E load rating because I plan to off road in some remote places, and I also want to haul trailers eventually.

I’ve driven them on and off road, and in warmish and cold temps over the last month, they’ve been great. I’ve driven AT tires from cooper, bf goodrich, hankook, firestone, etc - these nokians have been the most comfortable and capable all-around AT I’ve driven so far, with the cooper discoverer at3 xlt in a close second.

I’ve been driving around in the mountains with them today in light snow, and I haven’t needed 4wd yet.

I bought mine from priority tire online, but I would assume discount tire could order some nokians?

If they can’t order those, then I’d vote for cooper discoverer at3 xlt in a C or E load rating. I think they’re 3 lpeak rated too. Comfortable, but also tough. I took them on the alpine loop, and they were the quietest AT I’ve ever driven.

IMG_0209.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts