Anyone running Belltech coilovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m thinking about replacing my McGaughys drop spindles with coil overs, but was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has them installed. Primarily how the ride is compared to the magride. Belltech 16002. I love the drop on the drop spindles, What I don’t love is the loss of turning radius. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OP
OP
Danyi2170

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess these aren’t a real popular option for our vehicles.

03mach281

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had them on a '15 Silverado and loved them. I ended up just doing spindles up front on the Tahoe though.

signguy62

Reaction score
Hey all,
I’m thinking about replacing my McGaughys drop spindles with coil overs, but was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has them installed. Primarily how the ride is compared to the magride. Belltech 16002. I love the drop on the drop spindles, What I don’t love is the loss of turning radius. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Did you ever get the coilovers? If so how are they working out? I just got a set and I'm finding them a real pain in the ass to set up. Trying to adjust them to 1 or 2 inch drop prior to install is virtually impossible. Once i got them close to where they need to be, they are still longer/taller than the factory struts. (How the hell is that going to equate to any drop?) The 3 top studs are not set up like the factory strut studs. Looks like I may have to enlarge or elongated the top mounting holes. Looks like Belltech cut some corners during the R and D process.
Any information on how your install went? (If you did in fact get them).

Thanks!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get the coilovers? If so how are they working out? I just got a set and I'm finding them a real pain in the ass to set up. Trying to adjust them to 1 or 2 inch drop prior to install is virtually impossible. Once i got them close to where they need to be, they are still longer/taller than the factory struts. (How the hell is that going to equate to any drop?) The 3 top studs are not set up like the factory strut studs. Looks like I may have to enlarge or elongated the top mounting holes. Looks like Belltech cut some corners during the R and D process.
Any information on how your install went? (If you did in fact get them).

Thanks!

The springs probably compress more than the stock ones.

signguy62

Reaction score
The springs probably compress more than the stock ones.
Yeah, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Still have to modify the top 3 mounting holes up in the spring pocket. Once that's done and it back on the ground we'll see where it's at.
Still not happy with the poor R&D and Quality control. They poor kid at Belltech was clueless when I called earlier in the day. Sounds like he was reading of a script.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Still have to modify the top 3 mounting holes up in the spring pocket. Once that's done and it back on the ground we'll see where it's at.
Still not happy with the poor R&D and Quality control. They poor kid at Belltech was clueless when I called earlier in the day. Sounds like he was reading of a script.

Good luck to you please keep us informed on your results.