Anyone running Belltech coilovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signguy62

Reaction score
Yes, as I eventually figured out. It's much easier to install them straight out the box (max drop/very little spring compression) as apposed to pre setting the desired height as the directions tell you to do.
As for the 3 top studs. Looks like when they were pressed in, either they tilted a little or the got bumped. I just tapped them straight with a dead blow and then opened the holes in the top or the spring pockets a little with a drill.
Eventually got them installed and all in all I'm pretty pleased.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, as I eventually figured out. It's much easier to install them straight out the box (max drop/very little spring compression) as apposed to pre setting the desired height as the directions tell you to do.
As for the 3 top studs. Looks like when they were pressed in, either they tilted a little or the got bumped. I just tapped them straight with a dead blow and then opened the holes in the top or the spring pockets a little with a drill.
Do they ride pretty well? Tossing around getting a set for my Esky

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got ya, glad it was fixable.
unfortunately for as many years as these can work 07-18 atleast there are few direct swap in solutions for coilovers, to drop anyway lift there are a few more. wish more companies would jump in. i had (and still have) the atomic upper and lower coilover mounts - they require using 1/2" shock bearing on both ends that dont last very long (was swapping ~6months or so. and the ends of the bearing dig into the mount so almost definitely have to just hammer/break them out. i used them with QA1 coilovers and a few different springs - i would say the ride was definitely better but maintenance was easily 3-4x as much.

signguy62

Reaction score
i got ya, glad it was fixable.
unfortunately for as many years as these can work 07-18 atleast there are few direct swap in solutions for coilovers, to drop anyway lift there are a few more. wish more companies would jump in. i had (and still have) the atomic upper and lower coilover mounts - they require using 1/2" shock bearing on both ends that dont last very long (was swapping ~6months or so. and the ends of the bearing dig into the mount so almost definitely have to just hammer/break them out. i used them with QA1 coilovers and a few different springs - i would say the ride was definitely better but maintenance was easily 3-4x as much.
You have the Atomic stuff on a 07-14? Tahoe? I've got his brackets for my 03-07 RCSB that I planned on running a set of QA1's with. So the issue isn't with the brackets themselves? It's with the bearing ends on the coilovers?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the Atomic stuff on a 07-14? Tahoe? I've got his brackets for my 03-07 RCSB that I planned on running a set of QA1's with. So the issue isn't with the brackets themselves? It's with the bearing ends on the coilovers?
not anymore, i went from lowered 4-6ish to lifted about 7".
the pictures on his page with the red springs are of my actual install
7_3c1a4c9de1ee71a718fd7b7bff6ca291726380ca-601x800.jpg

the mounts top and bottom are set up for spherical bearings:

qa1-com8t-102pk_xl.jpg

if you see where the edge of the bearing would meet the mount with a 1/2" hole for a 1/2" bolt, theres hardly any surface area for that edge to sit against. when you tighten it up it pulls the tabs in and the bearing presses a groove into the ears of the mount. my experience has been that after about 5-6 months these bearings start to squeak everytime you hit a bump, theyre not at any risk of failing but it starts to sound like an old POS crown vic . when you go to swap them you need to pry the ears apart to get the bearing out of the groove its made on the inside of the mount.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n