Belltech coilovers 15002 - increased ride height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

langsbr

Reaction score
HI all, I have a 2008 Escalade ESV and have used the NorcallSS 4/6 drop kit for quite a while. It's been great, but after 8 years I figured the shocks were due for replacement.

The original setup was:

Belltech drop shocks
Belltech drop spindles
22" Wheels - 285/45/22 Nitto 420V
Fender to ground height - 30.5"

I decided to replace the drop shocks with the new coilovers, suspecting they would give better overall performance. I installed them at the 170mm A measurement, which is listed as a 2" decrease in OEM ride height. After install the measurements were:

Fender to ground height - 34"

It increased the ride height by 3.5 inches!

I reduces the A measurement on the coilover body to 145mm (only 1 inch less than the 170mm, but lower than Belltech lists for a 3" drop) and now the fender to ground height is: 32.5"

To get the ride height where it was with the drop shocks, I'd likey need to bottom out the spring perch which is far below what Belltech recommends.

Their support hasn't been much help yet either - they just said to email them a picture of the hub to fender measurement. I will admit I did not measure fender to hub (I should have since its a better metric than ground to fender) but everyone on here measures ground to fender (which can vary depending on wheel and tires).

They said I can't remove the helper spring so I'm at a loss as to how to get the ride height proper. The truck looks ridiculous with the front higher than the rear.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s really interesting as I have the coil overs on my 08 Yukon Denali and have them set up at the max height and I am sitting at 30” off ground to fender. I can have mine go much lower, but I am maxed at going up and I am rubbing like crazy on my factory 20” wheels. Sorry to hear the company isn’t giving much help. That is always frustrating. Feel free to send a msg and I can try to check mine a little more in-depth to see if mine have any difference from yours and try to get you on track.

Joe

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
That’s really interesting as I have the coil overs on my 08 Yukon Denali and have them set up at the max height and I am sitting at 30” off ground to fender. I can have mine go much lower, but I am maxed at going up and I am rubbing like crazy on my factory 20” wheels. Sorry to hear the company isn’t giving much help. That is always frustrating. Feel free to send a msg and I can try to check mine a little more in-depth to see if mine have any difference from yours and try to get you on track.

Joe

Could you measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender? That is the measurement that tires wont affect, and what Belltech has had me measuring each time.

signguy62

Reaction score
Did you leave the drop spindles installed? If so, dud you take that into consideration when setting up the coilovers?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Text me buddy I can help you out

signguy62

Reaction score
Hey Tony, how about you just address this guy's issue here on the forum. He may not be the only one having issues with the Belltech coilovers. That and texting you or using the direct messenger here, gets about the same results as trying to contact Belltech for assistance.
So, if you have figured out these new Belltech coilovers, please share your knowledge.
Thanks!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Because im so busy at texting is faster and I like giving one on one support

Thanks

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
Hey Tony, I never got a notification on your replies - thanks for the offer. I just said to hell with 'recommendations' and put the perch height where it needed to be so the truck was sitting how i wanted it to. They ride much better than the drop shocks (they were due to be replaced after 7 years!). Truck is running great - tempted to get the new rear links you offer but I don't know what the benefits would be vs the ones i have.