Trying to get low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can notch up to the spring pocket. Someone on Facebook sent me these of how he did his truck. When I get mine done, I’ll just be cutting a 5” pipe in half and doing round notchesE6CBF92C-DEAD-4502-8DFA-C5388C54FE1E.jpeg

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what this equates to drop wise but this is where it sits with half a tank of fuel. front is at 29-3/4” and rear is at 30-7/16”42EFD694-7FA9-451E-8A18-515C7FC8293E.jpegA1FF4D5F-5179-45FA-A198-73B55A4A177F.jpegABD3E6EA-78F0-4A9D-A18B-E3F41DF9B790.jpeg

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can notch up to the spring pocket. Someone on Facebook sent me these of how he did his truck. When I get mine done, I’ll just be cutting a 5” pipe in half and doing round notchesView attachment 231105

Very cool. Thanks for finding the pics, they're very helpful. I'll be doing the same thing but with DOM tubing.
Its actually fairly simple to do.

Not sure what this equates to drop wise but this is where it sits with half a tank of fuel. front is at 29-3/4” and rear is at 30-7/16”View attachment 231107View attachment 231108View attachment 231109

Nice. Man I love how yours looks. Long and low.

Annnnnd I forgot to check the rear while I did my hubs. I need to make ramps for the rear the same height as my front ramps, its was too damn tight to squeeze under there. But, I have to climb under there again Tuesday, so, I'll use my higher ramps in the back this time around.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back at it again. Made my way under this afternoon and found that this would be so much easier and fun to have a lift haha. I forgot to put my higher ramps in the back because I needed the height in the front so I squeezed my ass under the back and realized I really don't have enough room to really evaluate the situation, that and I reaaally need glasses.
I did notice I had some contact from the pan-hard bar not much but it was noticeable. I may take a wheel off to get a better idea of what's going on in that general area.
All in all, I didn't accomplish jack :) but I did notice my first a drop oil on the driveway :(

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back at it again. Made my way under this afternoon and found that this would be so much easier and fun to have a lift haha. I forgot to put my higher ramps in the back because I needed the height in the front so I squeezed my ass under the back and realized I really don't have enough room to really evaluate the situation, that and I reaaally need glasses.
I did notice I had some contact from the pan-hard bar not much but it was noticeable. I may take a wheel off to get a better idea of what's going on in that general area.
All in all, I didn't accomplish jack :) but I did notice my first a drop oil on the driveway :(
Uh oh on the oil, hopefully it’s something simple. For me, working under my truck is the worst. I really hate it.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh on the oil, hopefully it’s something simple. For me, working under my truck is the worst. I really hate it.

Yeah, I'm kinda lost on the oil situation. Never had a drop on the ground before but, I have had some residual oil on the back end of the pan and some on the sway bar in the past. It just never dripped before.

I'm with you, not the biggest fan being on my back under there. Unfortunately until I can get my garage built, I'll be on my back. Hoping by spring to start breaking ground on that project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout