Best rear springs for 4-5" drop carrying huge stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if my truck has a factory hitch, switching to a z71 spring would do nothing?

I’m wondering if a 2500 Burban has a stiffer spring than a 1500 tahoe. Seems like it would have to..
Try and get me a pic of that jounce stop if you can. Thanks, Jason

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the truck doesn’t sit quite as low as I’d like, however after exploring Lower ride heights, I learned where it’s at now is as low as I can go “comfortably”

around town, truck drives decent. Potholes / series of dips or bumps cause a lot of bumpsteer. Large potholes are violent. Feels like a bend a rim every time. Doesn’t slam the frame but it takes bumps very harsh.

on the highway. 50-60mph is fine, pretty smooth. 70-80 I develop a sway or “looseness” especially over bumps or changes in the road. The bumps cause the truck to go up and down almost float. Reminds me of riding in a 1990’s Lincoln towncar. Sloppy, airy feeling. Feels “looser” than I’d prefer.

The bumpsteer is from the front geometry. How is the front lowered?

Focusing on the rear, I'm thinking you need firmer shocks. What all have you tried as far as shocks?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part numbers 4922 and 4923 but which one?
You need me to google it for you?

Description: Foam Bump Stop - Universal Cone 2.01" Tall x 2.5" OD
Part #: 4923
UOM: Pair

BUMP STOP KIT
Description: Foam Bump Stop - Universal Cone 1.26" Tall x 2.5" OD
Part #: 4922

OP
OP
Colby_e32

Colby_e32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumpsteer is from the front geometry. How is the front lowered?

Focusing on the rear, I'm thinking you need firmer shocks. What all have you tried as far as shocks?

Belltech street performance, stock, Monroe “heavy duty”
Now I’m looking at fox adjustable shocks from ride tech. The same shocks they use on their rear air ride kit. Not sure if I can justify 250 bucks per shock. But if it would help my problems it may be worth it..

Figured having something adjustable I can play with it some.

Ambitious02

Reaction score
It's like 31 in front and 32 in rear. U can get the coils I got on Amazon pretty cheap. It's the 4230 coils with 60748 bags. that's the same I got. the bags are not fun to get in either lol. Front I have mcgaughys spindles and 3/4 purple keys

Hey Bro Whats up? Is there any advantages to using the Belltech purple keys over the Belltech silver 3921's? Any input is appreciated!!