another BB tune ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my BB tune a couple mins ago. mail order tune because i have a 96. my order form went like this--

93 octane
no speed limiter
firm shifts
100% TM reduction

i cant wait for it to come in, i wish there was a dyno around here so i could do a before/after. oh well, with everything i'v heard on here about BB tunes im sure it will be noticable :)

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sweet, it WILL be noticeable...but give it a few days after you install it, to get full computer enhancements.

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance,but what is "100% TM reduction"..?

I myself may have also aked for a slight timing advance,and maybe an EGR delete.Also if you de-screened your MAF,that would also have to be accounted for.Im sure you did'nt,just saying.

Normally with a timing advance,it is advised that you run a cooler temp thermostat.

Please let us know what kind of difference you noticed with the BB tune.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance,but what is "100% TM reduction"..?

I myself may have also aked for a slight timing advance,and maybe an EGR delete.Also if you de-screened your MAF,that would also have to be accounted for.Im sure you did'nt,just saying.

Normally with a timing advance,it is advised that you run a cooler temp thermostat.

Please let us know what kind of difference you noticed with the BB tune.

good read on TM
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/.../123667-torque-management-pics-how-works.html

atis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great link, that explains a ton. Just what I needed to know before I order my BB tune.

OP
OP
K

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of mods do you have going along with this tune?

the trucks stock as of now, i made this the first thing i did because everyone says its the best thing you can do with your money. and with free re-tunes i didnt see doing this first as a problem anyways

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 100% as well taken out....

I didn't know what to pick with my BBTune, so I opted for BB's default which is 75% TM reduction on OBS trucks.

So I was curious why you picked 100% reduction. Is it because that's the default for NBS trucks? Or did you have your own reasons?

BTW, that link is 17 pages long! It took me a long time to read it all, even though I couldn't see the graphs it helped explain alot. Thanks for posting it up!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

the trucks stock as of now, i made this the first thing i did because everyone says its the best thing you can do with your money. and with free re-tunes i didnt see doing this first as a problem anyways

Not a bad plan at all! Maybe just order a second PCM from them so you will have a truck to drive when your waiting for the BB PCM to be re-tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts