6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the part are here, now just need to set a date within the next week or so and decide if I want to rent a cherry picker or buy the harbor freight one.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
All the part are here, now just need to set a date within the next week or so and decide if I want to rent a cherry picker or buy the harbor freight one.
I'd buy if it was cheap enough. I'm guessing since you're gonna do this swap, I'll be seeing another swap in the future lol.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doing this in a garage or shop? Any way to hang a chainfall hoist? I prefer these since I work alone and can operate the chain one-handed so I have a free hand to maneuver the engine.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the harbor freight one a few years ago and it was great. If you do, get the leveling bar to go with it. Made it a one person operation for me. Ended up selling the whole thing for almost what I paid for it when I moved in June.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing this in a garage or shop? Any way to hang a chainfall hoist? I prefer these since I work alone and can operate the chain one-handed so I have a free hand to maneuver the engine.

I am doing this in my driveway, my garage is too small for my Truck.

I bought the harbor freight one a few years ago and it was great. If you do, get the leveling bar to go with it. Made it a one person operation for me. Ended up selling the whole thing for almost what I paid for it when I moved in June.

Ok good to know. I'm leaning towards buying because by the time I rent the hoist for a week and rent the trailer, the cost is almost the same. I was just concerned about storage, but it looks like it folds up decently well.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing this in my driveway, my garage is too small for my Truck.

Ok good to know. I'm leaning towards buying because by the time I rent the hoist for a week and rent the trailer, the cost is almost the same. I was just concerned about storage, but it looks like it folds up decently well.

I've had the harbour freight hoist for a few years now and its totally worth it if you have the space to fold it and store it. I find myself using it for lots of other random stuff.

Also wait until there is a 20% off one item coupon.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the harbour freight hoist for a few years now and its totally worth it if you have the space to fold it and store it. I find myself using it for lots of other random stuff.

Also wait until there is a 20% off one item coupon.

Ok no brainer then

https://go.harborfreight.com/coupons/2019/08/20-off-any-single-item-at-harbor-freight/

Going to clean the cylinder heads tomorrow myself. Local shops wanted too much for a mill + cleaning ($300). I already have the thinner head gasket, so I'll just clean them up, put on new valve seals and springs, and bolt them on.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I just removed my Corsa Touring and went back to the stock muffler.

The Corsa sounds awesome at WOT but I don't need the attention on this vehicle.

@ls1frc
I was under the impression the corsa touring was quiet, is it not? did you get any drone?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I was the one selling my Corsa Touring. I don't like deep/bassy exhaust. I like the stock type sound, that sounds choppy/throaty with headers on. Seems that is the difference between a straight through and chambered muffler.

Magnaflow makes a chambered muffler that's 24" long. I may pick it up and swap it in for the corsa muffler to see how it sounds since no one wants to buy my exhaust lol.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...ercenter-xl-multi-chamber-performance-muffler

Really the headers to stock is perfect for me. If I could find a stock 3.5" version.

I had two of those on my Silverado SS and did not like the drone or the sound. They donot not sound like the oval magnaflow mufflers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14