6.2 swap thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok nice.

Ebay place wants 250 to ship the exhaust. Im gonna call around local junkyards.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are SW Headers and catted crossover for the dual exhaust in the first picture. Second picture 3 1/2 single exhaust. Third picture is the 2 1/2 true dual system the mufflers are shown in flat position they will mounted sideways. This all comes with a (big-gulp) staggering price tag of 3119.00 that's about what I paid for my 60k mile L9H.

ss1.jpg ss2.jpg ss3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a stock 3.5 exhaust, called around and no junkyards have one.

Even ebay sellers only ship to business address.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was the one selling my Corsa Touring. I don't like deep/bassy exhaust. I like the stock type sound, that sounds choppy/throaty with headers on. Seems that is the difference between a straight through and chambered muffler.

Magnaflow makes a chambered muffler that's 24" long. I may pick it up and swap it in for the corsa muffler to see how it sounds since no one wants to buy my exhaust lol.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...ercenter-xl-multi-chamber-performance-muffler

Really the headers to stock is perfect for me. If I could find a stock 3.5" version.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on the cam...

If I had known it'd take a month or longer to get a cam, I would have just swapped over my 5.3, 3 bolt cam :-/

Very easy to do cam swaps on these trucks. When my cam was off a tooth, I was able to do the whole job in about 45 minutes with my kid jumping in his trampoline lol. I have a Makita impact driver that makes getting off the balancer take about 5 minutes.

If it's gonna be delayed even longer, I may just do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick